Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage Link - Custom Tax

Hi
    I have just changed our settings in Actinic and Sage to reflect the fact that we have just become VAT registered. Using Simple Tax in Actinic, the majority of our products in Actinic have been set to VAT at 17.5% but we also sell products which have a VAT rate of 5% so I have gone into each of these products and set a custom tax value of 5%.
    I am now trying to configure Sage/Actinic Link as we use this to transfer invoices into Sage, but when I use the drop down boxes to show the Actinic tax options, I cannot see 'Custom'. I have put the corresponding SAGE tax codes in in relation to Exempt, Vatable, Zero rated and Pro rata but just didn't know whether I need to tell Sage how to deal with the whole Custom tax thing and if so, how.
    Many thanks for any help

I have just tried exporting orders containing products which have a custom tax line on them, only to find that Actinic/Sage Link throws up an error message saying:
    "Custom Taxes are not supported in Simple Tax mode. See user manual."
    I have looked again through the Actinic Link - Getting Started with Actinic Link manual but cannot find any reference to custom taxes. I also can't seem to find anywhere in the Actinic Help files which says that I can't set up a custom tax if actinic is set up with simple tax. Am I missing something?
    Having searched through the forum, I was under the impression that the only way to cope with products which are either subject to 17.5% VAT or 5% VAT was to set up Actinic with simple taxes and have a custom tax of 5%. But am I mistaken in this? Is there another way of setting up Actinic to cope with two different values of VAT, which will enable me to transfer via actinic/Sage link more easily?
    Many thanks

Comment

Just in case others are having the same problem (I am sure we can't be the only ones having to deal with two different rates of VAT!), we have just had a reply from support saying:
      Custom taxes are only available to transfer if you set up Actinic Business
      and Actinic Link to use 'Advanced Tax'.
      'Simple Tax' only uses the four standard tax rates 'Zero-Rated', 'Exempt',
      'Pro-Rata' and 'Taxable'.

How then do we set up actinic to cope with the scenario whereby some products attract vat at 17.5% and some attract vat at 5%. We were under the impression that "advanced tax" only applied if you shipped to customers in more than one zone. We only deal with customers in one zone, so didn't think that 'advanced tax' could be used. Are we wrong in thinking this?
      What do other people do?

Comment

Hi Sarah

One of the features of Advanced Tax is that allows you to set up multiple rates of tax. It's not just about locations. Check it out. The grid where you add multiple rates is at the top right of the tab.

Comment

Thanks Chris
          We also received a support reply saying:
          Please go to 'View | Business Settings | Tax' and select 'Advanced'.
          Go to the 'Tax Rates for VAT and click the + in the top left hand corner of
          the grid and enter 'VAT (5%)' (or similar) and enter 5 into the 'Rate'
          column for that record.
          Go to the 'Tax Zones' window, select the 'EU Tax Zone' and click the 'Delete
          Zone' button, then select the 'No Tax Levied' zone and tick the box 'Do not
          allow 'None of the Above' as a zone member' and click 'OK'.
          Then on each one of your lower tax products go to the 'Details' tab and
          select the lower rate in the 'Tax Rate' drop down and click 'Apply'.
          So I set our Actinic settings as shown in the ActinicVATsettings.jpg.
          I then set up our settings in Actinic Link as shown in ActinicLinkFirstSettings.

When I tried to export from Actinic to Sage, I got the error message shown in LinkErrorOne. I then changed the settings in Actinic Link to those shown in ActinicLinkSecondSettings but then got the error message shown in LinkErrorTwo.

I am running out of ideas as to what else to try. Does anyone have any idea as to what I am doing wrong?
          Many thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X