A scalable Solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A scalable Solution?

I am in need of finding a solution to process orders on one or more PCs while I manage the web site from the primary. I am aware I can run two copies of Business, but there is the issue of stock control. In addition, when Christmas comes, I will need more than one person processing orders. Is Actinic scalable enough? If not, is there a plugin solution or third party app?

Hi Mark

Have you considered using Sage Line 50 for the order processing? Orders in Actinic can be exported to Sage, which can be installed on a network.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your reply. C Dicken has posted a reply to another thread stating that one can use the [File][Eternal Links] function to combine two copies of Business on two PCs.

Yes, we can look to migrate to more that two PCs over the coming months, but I need to separate the web design and order processing 'tomorrow'.

If you know where there is a guide of how to link the Actinc database on a primary Business PC (which is used to do the web design) and a second Business PC for order processing, I would dearly love to read it :-)

Cheers,
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X