Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

referrer.pl goes through with order but referrer message does not download with order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

referrer.pl goes through with order but referrer message does not download with order

Really sceptical if will get an appropriate reply - but have been using the forum as a basis to get a lot of help and information so maybe there are other people who are stuck or have been stuck with this.

I have already checked the community and knowledge base and seem convinced all seems to be setup ok. But after three days of trying everything - no luck. (No SSL is applicable).

I am using Actinic Catalog 6.1.5.0.0.0.EGRA and have checked the advanced user guide and setup the link for referrer as follows:

"http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/rs000001.pl?SOURCE=dave&DESTINATION=bounce%2ehtml&PATH=%2e%2e%2facatalog%2f&BASEURL=http%3a%2f%2fmydomain%2ecom%2facatalog%2f"

I have checked cookies for mydomain.com and can see that ACTINIC_SOURCE under Content : 'dave' . And if I change the string this updates too.

But it does not get passed in the misc tab when I download. The text in 'user definable 3' has been updated to 'Referrer' and not to show. I have checked the ActinicCatalog.mdb and the referer info is not there too.

In our setup the affililate can come through 'www.mydomain.com/afl/dave' which has the above link - which takes the customer to 'actalog/bounce.html' which bounces them out of actinic to the www.mydomain.com domain.

I have tried it using the above method and directly to sections (actatalog/index.html) in the address bar - but still no luck.

I have used the same details in my referrer link as in my actinic setup - but have tried with &PATH= to include all the above folders of the shared hosting server '../kunden/homepages/41/dq98234/htdocs/mydomaincom/acatalog/' but still it does the same.

Any one used this with 1 and 1 internet with actinic 6.1.5 .

thanks guys,

Sam

Sam,

I think this is a duplicate as Toby has replied to you on the other thread.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X