HELP PLEASE!! big problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP PLEASE!! big problem

Tonight i was adding new sections to my website and then had to reorder them and was moving them around when i got an error when moving a section called "COMPONENTS" and asked me to rename, i pressed cancel then the section disapeared.

I knew i didnt delete it so i went through all the sections thinking it had moved within one of the others but still couldnt find, i then done an upload and looked in the site tree and it was still where it should be.

I thought this was strange so I done a search for a product within the "COMPONENT" section and it reappeared where it should have been. BUT when i looked inside the section all the section names were there but most of the products were all gone.

I thought i could resolve this by going back to my latest backup which was friday night and doing copy on the "COMPONENT" section, importing todays backup back and deleting what remains of the "COMPONENTS" and copying from the old backup. But it wont allow me to do this.

So now i have the problem of having to go back to Fridays backup but then I will need to work out what orders i have sent and what I have not and wont have any of the new orders there and do a full stock check.

Or stay with the current backup which doesnt have any of the Components stock and have to input all the products in again which will take hours as this was the biggest section in our website with over 200 products.

Is there any way to get out of this mess? I can provide anyone with the old and new backup files and I am willing to pay to get this sorted. I thought it could be easily resolved or maybe there is another way to fix this.

Thank you

Dale Summerton
    3000rpm.com
    www.3000rpm.com

Check all the other sections as you may have moved it there by mistake

Comment

How many sections have you got?

It should be lurking somewhere...the old drag and click, look away from the system, ooops where did I put that?

Gets them everytime, done it myself too.
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Can you also rename your post into something more meaningfull as this will help when others are searching the forum

Comment

yes thats what i thought i done at first, so i checked all sections and could not find, so i uploaded to net to check the sitemap and it looked the way it should.

So i searched for a product that should be in the section and it reapeared, but it had all the section names within the missing section but most of the duplicates and products were missing.

I think it must have been something when i was moving the sections up and down but never had a problem before other than putting within another sectiona s you say and then i worked it out and moved out again. I wish it was that simple.
          www.3000rpm.com

Comment

Without looking at your snapshot this is going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack

Comment

To address your query about back up and loss of orders...

Lets say you do loose your current site an have to use a back up.

There are ways to retrieve your information, dependent on your payment method, notifcations, etc so do not panic, all may not be lost.

First thing I would do is download all your orders now and back up somewhere away from your current installation.

Comment

A v7 snapshot would help the other guys locate your rogue section.

Comment

I can give you both the old and new snapshots to look at no problem, i am just uploading them to my website at the moment.

I really thought that the products had just moved someplace else but i have had this problem before and i have looked through every section and as i say within the section when it reapeared all the section names are there and some of them have the products within but the majority are all missing someplace.
                  www.3000rpm.com

Comment

but i have had this problem before
                    How did you fix it that time

Comment

The problem was that i moved a section within into another and realised this and just moved out. This was the first thing i checked, then as i say uploaded to internet and checked the sitemap and it says the section was still there but it wasnt showing, it only reapeared when i searched for a product that should have been there, but when it reapeared most of the products were missing.
                      www.3000rpm.com

Comment

I have experienced this with V8.04 but never v7.

So this may not be appropriate:

The error was located as the site we had this issue with was a heavily upgraded site (from v6 => v7 => v8 => etc) and along the way, one of the clients installations had become corrupt.

Would your store fit a similar scenario regarding upgrades?

Comment

I have not changed with any upgrades for over 4/5 months and been on version 7 always, i was thinking of moving to 8 but might wait for version 9.
                          www.3000rpm.com

Comment

I have just done another check by looking at the stock levels and looking for the products that have went missing and they are not there either, they would show if they had just moved into another part of the site so they are deffo gone.

I now have the snapshots uploaded if anyone can have a look for me please, is it safe to post the url here?
                            www.3000rpm.com

Comment

is it safe to post the url here
                              Certainly not - email it to anyone who contacts you

Comment

Working...
                              X