Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic v7 Product Support

Hello,

First of all, having looked around the forum, just want to say how impressed I am.

Having come from the database world (Oracle) in which product suppliers tend to remove support for older versions after a period of time, I was wondering what the deal is with Actinic?

I have a client on v7 and he is wondering whether to upgrade to v8.

Is there any reason to upgrade, other than added features? That is, are users of older versions left high and dry at some point?

Many thanks for your time,
    John

I think generally Actinic support the current version less one, at least in terms of bug fixes. Other can perhaps also add comment. Best is to give ACtinic a call and discuss it with them - upgrading though would, I presume, be their preference of course.

Comment

They have only recently stopped supporting V6 so they do support for quite a while. I suspect that V7 support will stop soon after the release of V9 - they have already stopped doing some mods for V7

Comment

Dear Duncan and Malcolm,

Thanks for your quick responses. Much appreciated.

Do you know when v9 is due?

Many thanks
        John

Comment

They are keeping that secret but IMO early next year - if they release before xmas I would suggest not upgrading until the new year to give time for the bugs to be sorted - you dont want a buggy website over xmas

Comment

Good advice!

Thank you
            John

Comment

Working...
            X