Sales notifciations stopped arriving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sales notifciations stopped arriving

All of a sudden - last Friday - my notification emails stopped arriving. I have been looking at all my settings to see what it could possibly be but without any joy. However thinking back, Friday was also the day I did my first large test email using GroupMail. Could it be possible that the email address that sends the sale notifications has been blocked and treated as spam because of the large number of emails I sent on Friday using the same address? If so presumably I need to contact my hosting company to resolve?

Regards

Rob
    Rob
    For all your car, motorcycle and marine care, cleaning and detailing products.

I'd say yes and yes, at least that would be the first things i checked.

Comment

To cover our options our shop e-mails a copy of the receipt (the one the customer gets) to a different e-mail address to where the catalog order received e-mail goes.

I know its sad but it goes to my blackberry so I can monitor the orders 24/7.

Might also we worth checking out Mole-End who have a one stop order processing add-on which I beleive you can setup to automatically download orders?

Comment

There is nothing sad at all about monitoring your orders on your site, its when people take little interest in their sites you should be concerned. Mole End do have an automatic downloader, details should be on their website i would imagine, a very neat add-on by all accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
          There is nothing sad at all about monitoring your orders on your site, its when people take little interest in their sites you should be concerned.
          Lee, thats exactly what I tell my wife when I am playing with my Blackberry in bed at night

Comment

Thanks Lee and Dave.

I will speak with the hosting service.

Lee - have not forgotten I need to come back to you on the site upgrade and re-design to V8 - still working on the new logos.

Rob
            Rob
            For all your car, motorcycle and marine care, cleaning and detailing products.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Fisher
              ....when I am playing with my Blackberry in bed at night
              Is that what you call......... arghhh....no.........
              Gnnhnh...... must.......stop......evil.....voices...........Won't ...stoop...to....level.....

Rob,
              There a several places to check if your domain/ip has been Blacklisted.
              http://www.dnsstuff.com/ has a Spam mail database lookup where you can check.
              Different hosts and mail servers use different RBL's (Black Lists)
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
              Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
              SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw
                Gnnhnh...... must.......stop......evil.....voices...........Won't ...stoop...to....level.....
                I resisted
                Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                  Originally posted by fergusw
                  I resisted
                  Me too!
                  (But it was a struggle)

Comment

My lip has gone blue and is starting to bleed.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Fisher
                      Lee, thats exactly what I tell my wife when I am playing with my Blackberry in bed at night
                      Seeing as it's well before 9 suffice it to say...

I'm not sure that's politically correct, I would expect it should perhaps be something like:

Non-CaucasionBerry

Comment

BT Greenberry peut-etre?

Comment

Blackberrys are very dangerous toys to own...

Comment

Working...
                          X