Problems with search facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with search facility

I'm having problems with the search within actinic. If I have chosen to only have the main sections of my site to be offered within the search (not allowing the sub-sections) the search does not find the item requested as it seems to not search all of the pages (sub-sections) but only appears to search the actual section page chosen (and not all of the subsequent pages).

If I then allow EVERY page and subsections in the site to be searched, you have to actually choose each and every page to search which defeats the purpose of a search as if you knew what page the item was on, you wouldn't have to do a search.

I have main sections (i.e. boys clothing) then 2 sub-sections coming off of that (i.e. high street and designer) and then more sub-sections coming off both of those (i.e. pages 2-8). Could have so many subsections be causing the errors?

What can I do to remedy this as the only way I've foudn to get the search to work it to allow the entire site to be searched. I would however like boys/girls/maternity to be searchable by section.

Thank you.

Michelle
    www.littletradingpost.com

You are right in that when you do searching by sections - Actinic will only search the specific section selected in the drop-down list.

This issue does seem to be fixed in v6 as I use Actinic to run the knowledge base and this searches through all the sub-sections within a section rather well.

Comment

Working...
    X