Printing catalogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing catalogue

I have recently put my new catalogue live using Catalog 6.1.2, it all works great (apart from the problem with paypal payments).

What I would like to know is, does anyone else have a need to printout catalogues to send to customers? I keep getting requests for this and, although it doesn't make sense to me, I would like to offer this service. I realise I could change the format so that the web pages could be printed on A4 paper, but there must be a better way.

Thanks

Frank Potts
    frankpotts@pottypuzzles.co.uk
    www.pottypuzzles.co.uk
    Frank

Hi Frank,

There is currently no easy way to do this using Actinic. The catalog summary report is the closest that you are going to get to this.

We get lots of requests for this functionality at Mole End but currently do not have this option. There are all sorts of issues involved with this mainly to do with the complex pricing options available within Actinic. It is on our list of things to do though.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

It might not be much help to you now - if you've already finalised your design - but it is possible using CSS to design a site that displays differently when printed[1].

If your site layout relies heavily on fixed-width <table>s though (as many do) it would be impossible to alter the width of the page for print purposes. You'd still be able to change everything else though - fonts, colours, backgrounds, even the visibility of particular images.

[1] Requires a browser with decent CSS support to do the print job. Recent versions of IE (5.5+) seem to get the most important aspects right, including a couple of the more useful CSS page break properties.

Comment

We wrote a product last year which converts the catalog to CD, not quite a printed product but allows browsing whilst off-line.

If any developer wants this to progress this I am happy to release the code, it was written in VB. Maybe Jan you could use this as a base to a printed product.

If you want this please email me. There is no support offered with this product.

I think we also looked at converting webpages to pdf. this works fine if your site background is white, otherwise it uses a load of ink!!

Comment

hi, did you manage to come up with a product.
          I am desperate to get a price list print out with thumbnails to hand out to customers.
          What i am looking for is a way to print out a full product list just one like like so.

my product | 250grams | £1.77
          thumbnail below.

All nice and small text with an image underneath.

Having been looking for this for ages.

thanks
          wesley
          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

See http://community.actinic.com/showthr...t=20015&page=4 post # 57
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605