Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, Now what have i done?

Hey there,

Been trying to get our latest website up and running and i thought that i was making some real progress and then disaster strikes. Ive left it till last minute to check my progress in FF and netscape and its looks like a dogs dinner.

It looks just the way i want it in IE. Im assuming that theres some sort of problem with my css that does work across all the browsers.

Can anyone help?

As always I would appreciate anyones help and thanks for looking.
    The URL is http://www.purethoughts.co.uk

Michael
    Pure Thoughts
    Last edited by Michael@PT; 05-Sep-2007, 01:10 PM. Reason: Amedment
    Michael Houlden

Pure Thoughts Soap Company

Luxury Handmade Soap, Bath Treats, Skincare and Gifts.

Originally posted by Michael@PT
    Im assuming that theres some sort of problem with my css that does work across all the browsers.
    Spot on.
    To be brutally honest I got as far as looking at the HTML code for the menu (<ul>'s <li>'s etc) and did not go any further.

I found broken nested <li> tags (not properly closed) along with HTML <font> tags. <font> tags are pretty much redundant and should not be used, especially in the same context as CSS.

Try looking at some example CSS menu sites
    e.g.
    http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/

for ideas on how this "should" be done.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

and its looks like a dogs dinner.
      Your not wrong - I would scrap it and start again TBH

Comment

Hi Michael

I think the look of your site is very simple and stylish and suits the product - at the end of the day the only problem is with the left hand menu, which despite the messy code seems to work OK in the browser that the vast majority of your visitors will be using. I would be tempted to go live with it (if it isn't already) and completely recode the menu as soon as you can so that it works in the other browsers. If you still end up with a menu which looks different in different browsers, there is a pretty straightforward method for serving up different CSS stylesheets for different browsers which has been mentioned on this forum and should come up with a search.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

You also need to look at the breadcrumb hover under Firefox as it is dancing on the mouse over at the moment - this has been covered on the forum previously.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks guys!

Thanks for all the replies and for taking the time to look at my problem.

I will start again on the left menu and will do it quickly as the site is already live. I only noticed after uploading it as i checked it on another PC that didnt have IE just netscape.

Thanks for letting me know about the dancing breadcrumb will get that sorted also.

Thanks again for looking,

Mike
            Michael Houlden

Pure Thoughts Soap Company

Luxury Handmade Soap, Bath Treats, Skincare and Gifts.

Comment

Working...
            X