Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre_Authorisation account at WorldPay

Team,
    We had Actinic working in Pre-auth mode successfully to WorldPay. Recently we became a limited company and were asked by WorldPay to open a new account (new legal entity or something despite 7 years trading record, blah blah)
    I have pointed Actinic to a new ComapnyID and WorldPay have given us a new secret key. This has worked in test mode and the site has gone live.
    However, I am being told by a user in the office that:-
    "This weekends orders have not downloaded okay. There is a problem with
    'authorisation signature' and the orders have downloaded with 'waiting
    for cc details'. Obviously some setting isn't quite right with the cart or
    other. The payments are in the account and we are processing the orders
    but something needs tweaking."
    Is the problem at the Actinic end or at WorldPay?
    Any advice would be most welcome

Cheers, AJ
    Andrew Fish
    Http://www.BatteryShed.co.uk
    For all your battery requirements at prices less than in the high street.
    "Batteries without the overcharging"

More infor for the problem

Here is some more information that better describe the problem:-
    1st dialog bod on retrieving orders says:-

The Payment Service Provider Authorisation for order number XXX had an invalid signature

2nd Dialog Box:-

An error occurred while reading a payment service provider authorisation. The file may have been corrupted in transfer from the server. Abort will cancel the download operation and leave the umproscessed PSP files on the web. Retry will try to transfer the file again. I f you chose to ignore this error, the PSP file will be lost. If you ignore this erro the associated order XXX will be modified to have a payment method of "sned Credddit Card details seprately" and a status of "Waiting for CC details"
    Abor, Retry, Ignore

3rd Dialog box:-

One or more odres didn not have their Payment Service Provider processing completed at the time the order was downloaded. This usually is because the buyer aborted the transaction before entering their credit card details. If they are in the middle of the order the payment will be detected when you next download orders.
    Otherwise the orders can be viewed by clicking "Pending Payment Service Provider" in the Orders window.

Thanks for your help

AJ
    Andrew Fish

Comment

a forum search on "invalid signature" gives several ideas including

http://community.actinic.com/showpos...16&postcount=9

Comment

I did search but clearly using the wrong search string! And the link provided didn't help. So if anyone else gets the problem here is the answer.
        I suspect that when WorldPay created the account and secret key they did not create a pre-auth account. This is something that WorldPay has to do to an account to allow this to happen. I suspect that the secret key takes account of this and, when we attempted to retrieve orders (per-auth orders) the payment details were incorrect.
        Solution:- to contact WorldPay and point out that a pre-auth account is required and get a new secret key generated.
        They did this over the phone as our site was live so that we did not have any downtime inbetween them generating the new secret key and us being informed of this via email and then uploading.

Andrew
        Andrew Fish

Comment

Working...
        X