Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing product files from csv

Hi,

I receive daily product feeds from different suppliers, only a selection of products are used from each

I am finding it a nightmare to keep product costs and sales costs updated - it takes a lot of time to trawl through all the relevant products on a regular basis

Is this a common problem - I am using excel at the moment and importing int access to create simple queries - very time consuming - then amending prices in Actinic

Any ideas on how I can make the process more efficient, before I go totally mad!!

*** Many thanks in advance for ANY ideas

A lot depends on how good you are IMO. If you have a very good knowledge of either excel or access you can use them to your advantage. Have a look into external linking see if that would help you. It's hard to say for sure with only minimal info on the process you currently undertake, having been provided.

Comment

Thanks Lee, Hmmm, yes, I was trying to avoid learning the long road down relational databases, etc., etc. Not very good on access at the moment at all, that's the problem - maybe an in-depth knowledge is unavoidable?

Comment

I don't think it has to be too in depth to be honest, but you have gotta have a certain level of course. I would forget access and concentrate on excel. Break down what you have to complete into steps and see where the time is spent. Then address the steps that take the most time. You need to look at your process along with the source files you receive and see what is the main problem IMO.

I don't know your process or what you currently do, without knowing i can't really recommend any improvements for you.

Comment

Working...
        X