extended informaion image (images!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extended informaion image (images!)

Hi. In the extended information box it lets you add an image. Is it possible to add more than one image? If it is, then how?!
    Many thanks,
    Matt Savage (.com)

Joint the two images together in photoshop

Comment

Hi. I thought of that, but I just wondered if there was a neater way. I did try putting hypertext into the text of the extended info, it kind of worked, but it could still not show two images.

Comment

add a customvar

Comment

Hi. Thanks for that. I've never looked into the customvar. I`m sure it would take you a long time to explain it. I`ve looked at the help file and to be honest I can`t get my head round it. Can you give me a slight clue?!!
          Cheers,
          Matt Savage

Comment

Matt,

CUSTOMVAR's are place holders for content you want to add that Actinic would not have known about, just like a variable. They can be text or numbers and allow you to customise the actinic templates.

For example Act_Primary.html is Actinic's core page layout. You can copy this and create My_Primary.html and add an image to it that could be different for different sections using this template.

Set one up (using an image as an example)

Goto to Advanced > Custom Properties
            Click on the '+' sign and give your CUSTOMVAR a name, e.g. MYIMAGE, you will notice that Actinic automatically calls this CUSTOMVAR:MYIMAGE

Select Text

To use the CUSTOMVAR
            You must modify a template to include CUSTOMVAR:MYIMAGE.
            Hopefully you will have a HTML editor like Dreamweaver, but if you haven't you can still use the CUSTOMVAR.

See this exxamlpe where I have modified an Actinic template, Act_SectionLine.html

I have used the whole code so you can test this on your site, COPY and PASTE it using notepad and save as My_SectionLine.html into your ...\Site1 folder (Make sure you save it as .html and not .txt .... easy mistake)

Code:
            <!-- SectionLine HTML begin -->
            <!-- Insert HTML for the beginning of a section title -->

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT">

<TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="5">
                <TR> 
                  <TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="TOP"> <A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK">NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONIMAGE</A> 
                  </TD>
                  <TD rowspan="2" ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="top"> <A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK"><B>NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME</B></A> 
                    <br> <span class="actxxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTEXT</span> </TD>
                </TR>
                <TR>
                  <TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="TOP"> <div align="center"><A HREF="CUSTOMVAR:MYLINK">CUSTOMVAR:MYIMAGE</A> 
                    </div>
                </TR>
              </TABLE>

</DIV>
            NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
            <!-- Insert HTML for the end of a section title -->
            <!-- SectionLine HTML end -->
            What you then have to do is use this template. Simply create a section and use this layout, Section Details > Layout > Section Link Layout tab ..... browse for My_SectionLine.html it is best as you will know its in ...\Site1.

...then allocate a property, Section Details > Properties tab, click the '+' button and look for your customvar which should be listed in a drop down menu. select it and then set the value to myimage.gif, assuming you have an image in ..\Site1 to use.

Upload and you will notice that on that section a new image has appeared.

To understand why customvar's are so important, create another section by COPY and PASTEing it and change the image to myimage2.gif, and so on. Open exch section and notice how the are different even though you are using the same template.

Once you understand this you will also see a customvar called CUSTOMVAR:MYLINK. This is important because you may wish to click on the image and take you to a specific page related to the image/section. Set up the customvar as the image, (Advanced > Custom Properties > '+'), but give it a different name and allocate it using Section Details > Properties tab, click the '+' button and look for your customvar which should be listed in a drop down menu, and use the Value as for example: http://www.mysite.co.uk/acatalog/mypage.html or wherever.
            esafetysigns.co.uk
            your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters
            ... download once use as many times as you like !

http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/index.html
            http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Comment

that sir, was a fabulous description.

Comment

WOW Simon, what a brilliant reply! Thank you. I'll try and find the time tonight to go over this.
                Thank you again.
                Cheers,
                Matt

Comment

No worries, it was how it was explained to me!
                  esafetysigns.co.uk
                  your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters
                  ... download once use as many times as you like !

http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/index.html
                  http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Comment

Working...
                  X