Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preview Error - how can I make it go away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview Error - how can I make it go away?

Hi All,

When I load / make changes to the website I receive the following error message:

Line: 199
    Char: 1
    Error: object expected
    Code: 0
    Url:file:///C:/Program%20Files/Actinic%20v7.1/Sites/BTG2animalhealth/PreviewHTML/P_SiteRoot_index.html

Although this doesn't appear to affect the functionality of making changes etc... - any idea on how I can address the error.

Thanks
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Compact your database

Comment

1 look at line 199 of P_SiteRoot_index.html see if the code tells you anything

2 delete the contents of PreviewHTML folder

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for both suggestions which I have done, however neither of them seemed to work.

Any other suggestions?

Regards
        Best Regards
        www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'

Comment

Is the path in your original post a valid path on your PC?
          I see 'Actinic v7.1' as a directory - did you change this from he usual 'Actinic v7'? If so then it could be related to the problem.

Comment

Copy the Preview URL from Internet Explorer into Firefox. Then in Firefox use Tools / Error Console to get decent diagnostics.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Seems to be mini cart code..

Hi all,

Thanks for all your responses. Having done some investigation I seem to get the error when I have the following code in the primary templates:

<script type="text/javascript">document.write(getMiniCart());</script>

I've been using the summary for a while and realised it had gone astray - so I've recoded templates etc.. order.pm / actinicextras / cart.pm

However when I place the above code into actprimary and brochureprimary - I get the preview error - and the cart summary doesn't work.

Any ideas?
              Thanks
              Best Regards

Comment

I thought that the mini cart only worked in V8?

Comment

Identified the problem...

I've managed to sort it.

I was placing the code in the wrong area - but I've moved it and it's all working fine now.

Thanks for your suggestions.
                  Best Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X