Brochure enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brochure enhancements

I like the concept of the brochure but believe it could be improved. The problem I see is a lot of developers want to focus on the way the actual catalog looks and performs and would like all additional pages to reflect the catalog look and feel and not have separate pages that look out of place.

Say I wanted my index.html to look identical to my index.html in the acatalog folder. I could copy the file and then modify it, change the urls to point inside the acatalog folder, change every link to the cart, checkout, search urls. There are a ton of changes that would have to be modified and in some cases hard coded. Another issue is when the catalog is modified the main page would have to be updated. This would have to be done for all additonal pages to get the look and feel the same.

I would like a visitor to my site to check out an "About Us" page but still have all the options and navigation from my catalog index.html page.

If anyone has had issues with this and have had better results please let me know how you have accomplished this.

Thanks,
    Jason

It sounds like you have the right approach. The only other thing you could do is to put all your navigation into a separate file (called something like 'navigation.html') and then in Act_BrochurePrimary.html you just have to enter the line:

NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE navigation.html

followed by a hard-return to include the content of the file into the page.

It is also worth mentioning that only the web site home page is outside the 'acatalog' folder - all other brochure pages are located within it.

Comment

Working...
    X