Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qty dependent pricing

A simple question for you lot i'm sure.

A clothing wholesaler sells clothing in single pieces, packs (10 pieces of 1 size and 1 colour), case (100 pieces of 1 size and 1 colour)

There are different prices for each qty. However, if the customer orders say, 5 small t-shirts in blue and then 5 small t-shirts in red of a product they still qualify for the pack price but shouldnt. They should still be paying the single piece price.

How do i change this? Is is something to do with the component?
    ________
    Honda Cbx750 Specifications
    Business Plus V9.0.5
    Windows 7 Home Premium

sorry guys, but can someone please help on this. I'm new but know i must be missing something really simple here....
    Business Plus V9.0.5
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Hi Desmond

You can get around this by associating the permutations to hidden products. The product tree would be something like ...
      T-Shirt [Product]
      - [Component]
      -- Size [Attribute]
      --- Small [Choice]
      --- Medium [Choice]
      etc.
      -- Colour [Attribute]
      --- Blue [Choice]
      --- Red [Choice]
      etc.
      Small Blue T-Shirt [Hidden Product]
      Medium Red T-Shirt [Hidden Product]

Select 'Sum of Components Prices' in the 'T-Shirt' Product.
      Within the Component | Permutations, associate the relevant combinations with hidden products in which the quantity dependent pricing has been set up. It's a bit more work to set up the hidden products, but it means that each permutation has individual pricing.

Ben
      Ben Popplestone
      Ecommerce website software

Comment

thanks for the reply ben. much appreciated.

I believe my product tree is as suggested.
        I have also set 'sum of components'

but i dont understand the following:

"Within the Component | Permutations, associate the relevant combinations with hidden products in which the quantity dependent pricing has been set up"

i'm not too sure what this 'hidden product' business is. I've the 'help section' on it but it doesn't seem relevant to this.

soz if i seem thick
        Business Plus V9.0.5
        Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

No probs. Create a product anywhere in the catalogue (say Small Blue T-Shirt), set up the pricing (with price bands etc) and on the General tab click the 'Hide on Web Site' checkbox. This product will not appear online.

Within the component for the main parent product (T-Shirt) select the Permutations tab and click Fill List if the table is empty. Once you can see the various combinations of choices, select the row for Small, Blue and in the Products column click the cell and select from the dropdown list the Small Blue T-Shirt (should appear indented at the top of the list). In the Pricing column, select Associated Product Prices. This means that the choice combination is now associated to the hidden product and will adopt the pricing from it.
          Ben Popplestone
          Ecommerce website software

Comment

cheers Ben

i have tried this way and it works, so many thanks!

however...... "It's a bit more work to set up the hidden products, but it means that each permutation has individual pricing."

............ is an understatement!!!

i am going to have to create at least 50 hidden products for each product and i have at least 100 products!!!!
            ________
            Website design
            Business Plus V9.0.5
            Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Working...
            X