Upload problems... arrrggghh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload problems... arrrggghh

Having realised that I've had problems with my website over the past couple of days when people have attempted to add to cart - I decided to refresh the site.

On upload I kept getting checksum difference - so I attempted a purge and refresh - this didn't work.

So... as I'm also at the beginning of re-designing the site again I thought I'd attempt to upload this version. So... (this is where I may have gone wrong!) I logged into the server, and deleted the files that were there seen as though they were causing me some problems and I wanted a 'brand new' site
    On upload, half way through I got an error message stating that FTP server has been reset continue using HTTP.

However... I have since looked at the site www.aloevera-and-you.com and although this is nowhere near the finished article - all my images have disappeared have you any suggestions why? - They are showing perfectly in the preview.
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

you need to do a new upload again, refresh the site. It is just that actinic has not be allowed to upload all the files, until it completes it properly and does its merge things will look a little different.

D

Comment

Sometimes if there's a problem on the FTP server it will ask if you wish to continue via HTTP. Or you may need to refresh.
      Peblaco

Comment

Hi

Nice to hear from you Louise. With regards to the site, I have tried several things now...

1. Purge & Refresh
        2. Website Refresh
        3. Compacted database

I now keep getting an error code stating 500 ELE not understood. I've tested network settings and they're all fine and I have now contacted host to see if there's any problems there...

Any other suggestions?
        Best Regards
        www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
        www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
        www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Comment

If you deleted all the files on the server you may have deleted the cgi-bin - this will cause upload problems.. Check its still there, if not create one and run the network test.

When you get the network test working then purge and refresh

Comment

Working...
          X