Discounts problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts problem

we have created a product group (not live yet) which will be 3 for £10 .

my problem is that i have to enter the fixed price before vat.

even more worrying is that the discounting link on the basket will display the price before vat

have i not change a setting somewhere or is this how it displays?

While setting up the discount you can use the drop down against 'Based on' to choose 'Cart Value including default Tax' this will calculate the discount inclusive of the VAT.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

As I understand it the 'based on' option just looks at the trigger value, not how things work/display in the cart?

We have been looking at ths recently and had problems. If putting in a £5 off coupon you need to add £4.26 as the coupon value so this amount is taken off the net goods value. With the vat calc on 4.26 the custome then does get £5 off the total order value.

Problem is you cant do a £5 off as the vat rounding gives you 4.99 or 5.01?
      seo company: web development - online marketing - actinic ecommerce

Comment

Version 8 quantity discounting problem

I can't see an answer to this problem anywhere... I have a problem discounting too and this in now in a Version 8 shop:

We like to discount cases... saves us paying for a box and saves us time.

If I have a discount like Case of 8 boxes of biscuits gives a £1 off. So I set up a quantity based discount that triggers a £1 off with every 8 boxes bought... so 16 boxes = 2 cases of 8, which = £2 off.

However... I seem only to be able to set this up so that the discount is applied before the VAT which makes a mess of things and actually OVER DISCOUNTS...

Example:

Box of bicuits £2.20
        Case of 8 gets a £1 discount.

8 x £2.20 = £17.60, less discount of £1 = £16.60
        Plus shipping of £5 should give a total of £21.60

Well as the discount is applied to ex VAT pricing the final figure works out at £21.40.

Another silly scenario where Actinic gives away some profit.

I can't see how the suggestion Bruce described above solves this within the options available in Discounts based on quantity... any ideas anyone?

I hope this is fixed when we finnaly get rid of this EX VAT issue in the cart/checkout in future versions (I have often privately and now officially 'wished' for this!).

Comment

Hi Damian,

This should have been posted in the v8 forum, however, just to let you know that I've just tried this in v9 using tax inclusive pricing and the cart total based on the criteria you've given above works out at £21.60 (when VAT is not applied to the shipping costs)- (see attached image). So it looks like it may have been fixed in v9. I'd suggest that you download the beta and test it for yourself to make sure it's what you want.
          Attached Files
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracy, sorry for posting in the wrong forum! Looks like i'll have to have a play with the v9 beta :-)

Comment

Working...
            X