X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading to v707_HCFA_UK_Vista_Patch

Hello Folks,

I'm back! Did you miss me?

My web activities have been on hold for a quite a while due to bereavement, but I'm now back in action and working hard.

I am carrying out a complete re-design of my site, and all is going well. (So far!) The only issue that is problematic is that for some reason, additional graphics that I place into the site1 directory are not getting generated into the preview or Site HTML folders. I can place them there manually and all then works as it should, but it's not an ideal solution.

I've added the files via Advanced/Additional Files.. tabs, but the problem remains.

A quick search of the forum suggests that it may be an issue with IE7, (which I'm using) and the fix is in patch 7.07.

I'm currently running v704 FEVA UKpatch on Windows XP Pro 2.

However, the 7.07 patch seems to refer to Visa, so am not too sure if I should install this?

Secondly, if it is necessary to install this patch, can I go from 7.04 to 7.07 or would I first have to upgrade to 7.05 then 7.06.?

Hope someone can advise...

Many thanks,

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

Where are you referencing these additional graphics from. It could be that they are not referenced correctly.
    Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by magicalwonders
      However, the 7.07 patch seems to refer to Visa, so am not too sure if I should install this?
      7.07 contained a fix for problems when running on Vista, but Vista isn't a pre-requisite.
      Originally posted by magicalwonders
      Secondly, if it is necessary to install this patch, can I go from 7.04 to 7.07 or would I first have to upgrade to 7.05 then 7.06.?
      Probably the safest route. 7.07 should contain all the previous patches and upgrade correctly. I recall I upgraded 7.04 -> 7.06 -> 7.07, but only because I hadn't noticed 7.05

Comment

Where are you referencing these additional graphics from.
        Hello Louise,

These are hard coded links included in my layout pages, Act_Primary etc., They reference some jpeg graphics included in sidebars.

I've included the graphics in the Site1 folder, but they are not being generated into the preview or HTML folder.

Hi Alan,

I was hoping to avoid doing three installs. Think I might hold back and get confirmation from Actinic first.

Many thanks,

Myles
        www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Myles

The way I would do it is to run the FULL 7.0.7 installer over the top of your 7.0.4 installation. This will include all the fixes from 7.0.5, 7.0.6 etc - and it won't overwrite any of your data - it'll just upgrade the program components.

I think the problem you have is with IE7 rather than being Vista-related - and some fixes for these are included in 7.0.7.

You can download a copy via a link on http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm

Comment

Hi Louise,
            It could be that they are not referenced correctly.
            Ooops. Spot on. The path references was not to Actinics liking. What was throwing me was that the graphics were displaying O.K. if I manually included the pics! Thanks for helping me!

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the download link.

Best wishes,

Myles
            www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
            X