Search Page not dispaying properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Page not dispaying properly

How can I show the top section list on the search page? Want to try and avoid a whole manual search page design via search.html if possible. How or where does Actinic decide what overall page template to use?

Also on the search pages, the pound sign shows as a question mark or a tiny square on the website. Cannot seem to find the cause.

Any help would be appreciated.

search

Seeing as no one has any input I'll reply to myself!

As far as I can see the Primary template is used for the search page. However, it seems that the top section list is omitted. Cannot understand this as my Primary.html definitely has this included!

I know that the code is £, but still cannot figure out where to correct the html.

Comment

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ch+page+layout should help you sort out which template...

The £ displaying as a box may be solved by adding (or amending) a DOCTYPE declaration in the template file - or may need the host to change the defaults on the webspace, depends on the host.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

search

I have never changed the doc type but we have changed host. The site now runs on a dedicated server so I guess I'll have to investigate that.

I have read the thread on the search page template and am still unsure. Although the general concensus seems to be that the Primary template is used, it doesn't appear this way on my website because the top level section list is missing despite the netquotevar being present in the template. Perhaps this is something to do with the search pages running from the cgi-bin, in which case you'd expect them to use the Primary Checkout template. This would further make sense because the Checkout Primary does omit the top Level section list. However this does not concur with simonewar.

Comment

Working...
        X