Duplicate orders from actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate orders from actinic

When we download the orders from actinic there are often exact duplicates of some orders with different actinic codes. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    David Shorthouse,
    Website Manager,
    http://www.Queenswood.co.uk

This may be down to customers pressing the last checkout button twice - an order is created everytime the button is clicked - especially if the processing time is slow.
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Is there a way to stop this happening we had 19duplicate orders over the weekend. I know that the site was running slow as I had emails confirming this.

Is there anyway I can grey out the button so It cant be clicked more than once.

I think that this would be a good fix if anyone else is having the same problem.

We normally get about 2-5 duplicates a week.

Sorry for taking so long to get back on this it was originally posted by a college before I started.

Thanks again.

Dave..
      David Shorthouse,
      Website Manager,
      http://www.Queenswood.co.uk

Comment

The difficulty is that the server isn't responding (i.e. the page doesn't change) so the user thinks nothing is happening and clicks again. If the server isn't responding then it can't generate a new page with the button greyed out.

I guess the only way to do it would be with some javascript that greys out the button after it's been clicked once.

I don't know much about javascript, but one of the other members may be able to come up with a solution.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X