problem copying actiniccatalog.mdb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem copying actiniccatalog.mdb

Me again. While copying/pasting my lost items I discovered that all products were still in place, able to be viewed in offline page preview, but just missing from the department list. Someone suggested I compact database. Just in case it is corrupted they suggested to copy the actiniccatalog.mdb file first.
    It will not copy and comes up with this message:
    "Cannot copy actiniccatalog. Data error (cyclic redundncy check)."
    Any ideas?

That message usually means your hard disk is on its way out, whatever you have now, get it copied quick and stored off that system. Then try a scandisk and see what comes up. Do you maintain and housekeep the system?

Comment

not hard drive

Been on the phone to Dell. Not hard drive or software problem. Most likely the actiniccatalog.mdb file is corrupt. Probably what caused the tree display problem in the first place. Not quite sure where to go from here!

Comment

A couple of options...

1. Scan your hard drive for errors
        2. Open your dartabase in MS Access and do a repair/compact

Note: you might be able to at least preserve your mdb if it is corrupt by just renaming the Site1 folder and then reinstalling Actinic and restoring your latest snapshot. You could then open your mdb in Access and recover some data manually if need be. It might also be worthwhile at that stage to raise a support request with Actinic and have them check the database.

Comment

Not really sure how Dell can diagnose over the phone, every time i have ever heard or experienced that error message, it has ultimately resulted in a big bang and has nothing to do with a corrupt database, but that is just my experience, i couldn't begin to question the DELL helpdesk .

Comment

and also, isnt there a backup,mdb you can rename and test?

just make sure you dont delete or overwrite you ActinicCatalog.mdb

Comment

Working...
            X