Product Personalization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Personalization

We're offering products which can be personalized as an option. If I use "Other information" I get a box that's perfect for typing in the desired info. However, Actinic treats it as a required field and won't let you add the blank product to the cart. If I make it as a component it works perfectly except there's no box for obtaining the personalization. Any help on how to combine these two functions. Thanks in advance.
    Jeff Pollack
    www.alldawgs.com
    www.profleeceusa.com
    www.4dogclubsonly.com
    www.silverwood2007.com

You can preset the Other Info Prompt.

Here are 2 ways.

1) If you only want this on some products. Make a renamed copy of your product template and use that one for such products. In your new product template replace

NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT

with

Code:
    <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT -->
    <input type=text size="35" name="O_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="No personalisation required" maxlength="1000">

2) If you could use this on all other info prompts. then go to Design / Text / Phase -1 ID 2161 and change to

Code:
    %s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" MAXLENGTH="%d" value="No personalisation required">
    Incidentally if you replace "No personalisation required" with just a space e.g. " " then that does the trick without showing any dummy text.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks

Norman:

Thank you very much...although I've never worked with templates before I'll give it a try.
      Jeff Pollack
      www.alldawgs.com
      www.profleeceusa.com
      www.4dogclubsonly.com
      www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Dumb question...

I've made the change to the template and saved it Act_ProductLinePers...now the dumb question...I don't see anyplace where I stipulate that Catalog use the new Template.
        Thanks in advance!
        Jeff Pollack
        www.alldawgs.com
        www.profleeceusa.com
        www.4dogclubsonly.com
        www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Stupid is as stupid does...

It works!!! If I'd only been intelligent enough to save the new template as Act_ProductLinePers.html I wouldn't have asked the dumb question in the first place...Norman...thank you again.

Jeff Pollack
          Jeff Pollack
          www.alldawgs.com
          www.profleeceusa.com
          www.4dogclubsonly.com
          www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Working...
          X