Sage Line 50 - Actinic Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage Line 50 - Actinic Link

I am trying to create a profile within Actinic link but I get the error advising me that i am 'using the wrong version of Actninc Ecommerce' (i'm using v.6). I am using trial versions of Link (v.2.0.5) and Sage line 50 (v.9) for now as i am obvioulsy just wanting to test at this stage. any ideas or solutions into what i may have done wrong or should be doing/have on my machine much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Dan

Using Actinic Link

Hi there,

Just out of curiousity, what type of Actinic software are you using, is it Actinic Business or Developer?

Also the Sage Line50 software that you are using is it a licenced version or are you using a trial version?
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

I am using a trial version of Sage Link, and as far as i can tell I am using Actinic Business, though I am unsure of this as where ever Business is mentioned it also mentions Catalog, Ecommerce and Developer. Nowhere does it seem to state one or the other.

Comment

Actinic Link

Hi there,

In order to find out the type of Actinic that is installed on your machine please open Actinic, goto Help | About.

Im I correct in understanding that you are using trial version of Sage, if so, then I am sorry to say you wont be able to use the Actinic Link. However, if you have a licenced version of Sage and using a trial version of Actinic Link that is OK.

The documentation for Link states that Actinic Link for Sage isnt
        compatible with trial versions of Sage Line 50.
        Thank You
        Menar Khan

Comment

yeah i was told by Sage that there may be problems with the trial version. thanks for your help
          Dan

Comment

Hi Danny,

I would not mind hearing how you get on with Line 50. I have a continued headache where I wish to process orders on more than more than one machine. It seems that Sage Line 50 Financial Contoller with Actinic Link is the solution everyone seems to prefer, but a 4K price tag (software, support & consultancy) for a networked accountacy package just to do order processing seems a little excessive. At the moment, we do not need such a beast to accomplish such a simple task?

In addition, I had a demonstration and the whole order processing system would seem to add a +50% administration overhead on our present system.

The other issue we found is that one cannot associate an email to an order. By example, we always send a confirmation email to the customer when the order is shipped. Similary to confirm paymet if they send a cheque and on busy days, just to confirm receipt of the order which we are processing. These templates are the three from within Actinic. Granted you can send an email from Outlook via Sage, but there is no way of linking the two. We have had instances in the past where we have needed to refer to the emails we sent to answer a query and I would not like to lose this ability.

It would be good to see how you get on Danny. Please let me know

Cheers,
            Mark

Comment

Currently I am still developing the site. Sadly as I am only using a trial version of Sage Line 50 and a Trial version of Sage Link I cannot test the software or the site. I will be attempting to test all of this on this friday when i have the client in. Thanks for raising these potential issues hopefully i'll get back to you soon with any points or issues i had or solutions.
              Dan

Comment

Working...
              X