No announcement yet.

Inconsistent CSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to use spans when you have no tag to style, thats about it though. Divisions are great but they are often overused because of this, it is easy to forget that the style you apply to a div can often be applied to the tag instead and you can then remove the div.

Typical mistake i see a lot is on a paragraph tag <p> is where there is no extra styling applied to either the <div> or the <p>, yet a div is introduced.

<div>
    <p>This is my lovely boring paragraph</p>
    </div>

There are many sites converted to divs instead of tables, but the resulting amount of divs used, makes the table solution actually use less code.

Comment

oooh.. I actually understood that!
      good to know some of my braincells are functioning this morning
      Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
        good to know some of my braincells are functioning this morning
        Just be happy young lady that you finally got into the plural status.....

Must be all them blockifs building up your knowledge, one cell couldn't hold it anymore.

**ducks, run and sniggers**

You do seem to understand plain English very well though, like most people.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
          Just be happy young lady that you finally got into the plural status.....

Must be all them blockifs building up your knowledge, one cell couldn't hold it anymore.

**ducks, run and sniggers**

You do seem to understand plain English very well though, like most people.
          hey!!

less o' your cheek!

*mumbles under her breath*
          Tracey

Comment

Working...
          X