Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to cart at section level?

Hi

On myv7 site each product is contained in a section. Many sections are contained in an overall section to allow a page of thumbnails... http://www.kjbeckett.com/acatalog/menssocks_p4.html

I would like to add a "Add to Cart" button for each product at the top section level.

I don't think this is possible - previous posts seem to indicate this (e.g. add to cart only at a product level)? Is this not possible?

However this post seems to indicate it is possible but I think it might be a red-herring?

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...+section+level

Any advice appreciated.

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

Actually it looks like it might be possible according this post...

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ice+on+section

Thanks.
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Can definitely be done on V8 if you are single product per page. The price can be automatically shown also.

Comment

Missing something...

I'm trying to include an 'add to cart' button but from all the threads and AUG I've read I think I might be doing the impossible.

In my store (which isn't yet live so hard to show) I have the following layout:

Section: Personal Care
        Sub Section: All products
        Product: 1 per page

When an individual clicks on Personal Care and see's the range of products we have to offer, I'd also like to have an 'add to cart' button in the description part of the text for customers who know what they are looking for.

Now... I've been attempted to edit the following parent template to get what I want - but it just changes the format and I get lots of code (and I might even be editing the wrong one!) Anyone got any suggestions

Thank you.

HTML Code:
        <!-- SectionLine HTML begin -->
        <!-- Insert HTML for the beginning of a section title -->

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT">
        <table border="1" width="245" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
        	<TR>

<td width="100" align="left" valign="top"><div align="center"><A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK">NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONIMAGE</A> <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME</b></a> </div></TD>

<td width="145" align="left" valign="top">	  <div align="center"><br>
                <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTEXT</span> 
        </div></TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

</DIV>
        NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
        <!-- Insert HTML for the end of a section title -->
        <!-- SectionLine HTML end -->
        Best Regards
        www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
        www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
        www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Comment

Upgrade to V8/V9 where it can be done. I'm not sure this has ever been done in V7.

Comment

Thanks Lee - I'd love to - but can't afford it.

Never mind.
            Best Regards
            www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
            www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
            www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Comment

You will need to use cut down product layouts with extended information pages then i expect. Personally i wouldn't bother though, save all your pennies to upgrade ASAP, the upgrade will pay for itself very quickly.

Comment

Working...
              X