Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-mail messages from actinic

The automatically generated e-mails are coming up with the following:

This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet Service. To view the original message content, open the attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display the original character set.

the message is then sent as an attachment, which when opened in notepad has some strange formatting...

Hi Chris

Are all emails generating this error, or only some of them? Can you post a URL to your store.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

www.warpartefacts.com/index3.html (to get around the holding page we have until the site goes live...)

It is only the auto generated e-mails, any manual (custom) e-mails that are sent are fine...

Comment

Hi Chris

I've placed a dummy order on your site and have successfully received the customer receipt email. However, there is an error in the error log which says:
        (4: 554 unacceptable address syntax (no "@" in address): <n/a> - Failed
        So it may be that a previous customer didn't enter a valid email address.

Ben
        Ben Popplestone

Comment

Should the receipt e-mail's actually be received as an e-mail or an attachment? *perplexed* On the dummy orders we've placed we get the error listed, which will look very unprofessional if customers are receiving it...

Comment

They should be received as an email. I have forwarded you the email I received. Can you email me back with email you received.
            Ben Popplestone

Comment

Chris, did you get the same error message on the notification email for my order?
              Ben Popplestone

Comment

no... This is what is confusing me... /

I receive a 'normal' e-mail from "Services@warpartefacts.com" with the following message:

"A new catalog order has been received at your web site since you last downloaded."

While the order confirmation message is received as an attached message and strange error message...

Comment

Could you ship my dummy order and send me the 'shipped' email.
                  Ben Popplestone

Comment

Thanks, Chris - I've received the email and everything looks fine. Still investigating.
                    Ben Popplestone

Comment

To be honest... I've tried sending e-mails to a few addresses, and the only one's that seem to have a problem are our internal addresses. All e-mails to non games-workshop.co.uk addresses seem to be fine, so it's probably an issue with our firewall - mail server setup...

Thanks for trying mate, but there's probably nothing 'wrong' with actinic, so nothing to fix!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X