Clarification on using extended info page for single product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarification on using extended info page for single product

Hi all, can someone point me in the right direction for using the extended info page as a single product page please (step by step). I have tried by basing it upon the standard primary page and added the NETQUOTEVAR for the extended info image etc, but actinic doesn't seem to like it, and treats the page as if its outside of the actinic folder i.e: NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERMETA NETQUOTEVAR:LOADFUNCTION NETQUOTEVAR:SUBMITFUNCTION NETQUOTEVAR:P3PFULLPOLICYLINK are displayed at the top of the page.

TIA

Darren
    Web design Bradford

There is actually no need to complicate matters by doing this. Use a standard section page as your single product page.

What do you expect to get from the extended info page that you cannot get on a standard page?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I think you will find that this method only works in V8 - but as bill says its a bad idea to use it.

Comment

Googlebase/edirectory/other feeds *and* SEO is the reason. One of the catalogs have around 2000 products now so unless I have a few months free I don't want to convert it to one product per section. I was looking at the plugin by http://www.codepath.biz, but that would prove expensive as I have another two customers who want this doing in the future, but would this be the best way?
        Web design Bradford

Comment

Googlebase/edirectory/other feeds *and* SEO is the reason
          We all know the reasons for doing it

Comment

Working...
          X