Another Dreaded VAT Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Dreaded VAT Question

We have been runing our shop for a while now and we have had to become vat registered, this is a total minefield for us,

All our prices currently in our catalog are the same as were going to keep them but now we have set actinic to say were vat registered its adding 17.5 percent ontop of everything, can someone tell me a quick solution so i dont have to take the vat off everything
    James
    ------------------
    ModelPower.co.uk - Quality Batteries - Affordable Prices

I'm afraid you are going to have to change your prices within Actinic to VAT exclusive prices. But fear not, there is a reasonably simple way to do it.

1) Back up your site.

2) Open the ActinicCatalog.mdb database in Access and go into the 'Product' table.

3) Find the 'Price' column, highlight it (by clicking the grey column header) and copy it to the clipboard.

4) Open a new worksheet in Excel and paste the column of prices in.

5) Now click in the cell next to the one containing the first price and type the following:

=ROUND(

6) Then click with your mouse in the cell containing the first price. The name of the cell should appear in the formula

=ROUND(A2

7) Then complete the formula with the following: /1.175,0)

=ROUND(A2/1.175,0)

8) If you just press enter on your keyboard then the vat-exclusive amount should appear.

9) Copy and paste this formula into all the cells underneath it in order to convert all the prices.

10) Now copy all your converted prices to the clipboard and click in a spare cell and go to 'Edit | Paste Special'. Select 'Values' and then click OK. This will just create a list of prices rather than formulas.

11) This column of numbers can be copied back into the 'Price' column in Access.

Hope that helps.

Comment

VAT

I too have just registered for vat but can't get into the database as it comes up with an 'Unrecognised database format' message. I'm using Access 97.

Can anyone help?

Dez

Comment

I'm afraid you'll either need to upgrade to Access 2000 (not necessary for Actinic to run - just needed for tinkering with the database), or take the ActinicCatlog.mdb file to a system that has Access 2000 and fix it there.

Copying a database that's been upgraded to Access 2000 back into your system won't affect Actinic.

If you copy using a CD writer then remember to right click the file, select Properties, and uncheck Read Only after the file is back on your hard disk.

As always, before making any major changes it's a good idea to copy your entire Site1 folder to a backup location and also to go housekeeping / Security and copy and paste everything there into a text file that you also back up.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X