Managing Orders - Christmas Promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing Orders - Christmas Promotion

Thinking about Christmas already, I wish to mailshot all existing customers with a promotion to buy now and delivery in December in time for Christmas. The theory is to offer a promotion where the costumers buy early in exchange for a giveaway and have their delivery early December.

Question:

How can I distinguish or seperate these 'forward' orders from daily orders which would clog up the the Pending folder? I guess the easiest way would be to create a 'Christmas' folder and move them there, but this cannot be done in Actinic.

Does anyone have any ideas on how one may achieve this?

Hi there

I'm afraid you cannot do folder management with in the orders at the present moment.

I have placed your suggestion into the wishlist for a future release.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

You could perhaps look at the Advanced User Guide for information about the Referrer script. This is a script that will detect whether customers have followed specific links into your store (such as a link you may send them in an email) and then will store a value in the order that indicates that they have followed this link.

Actinic can even generate a report that just shows orders that have come via this method.

Comment

Thanks Nadeem and Chris. Yes, it could be an idea for a future realease, some sort of 'Holding' tab? Not sure if the Referrer script will be what I want though. I'll take a look and thanls for your input.

Comment

Working...
        X