Email Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Templates

I'm trying to edit the email template for order shipped.

I want to add under my name our web address - I've entered NETQUOTEVAR:COMPANYURL
    but when I send the email I get:

Kathy Newman
    NETQUOTEVAR:COMPANYURL
    not www.puddlepetcare.co.uk

I also want to just have the product that they ordered listed - I don't want the price etc. Can I do this

Finally I want to change who the email goes from - can I do this. At the moment it goes from info@puddlepetcare.co.uk - which is the email listed in Business Settings/Company Info. Can I change the from without changing this setting.

Thanks

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

Editing email template

Hi there,

When using the order shipped template this automatically caries over the values specified in View | Business setting | Company/Contact.

If however, you would like to insert additional information within the template please embed clear text in the email template rather the variables.

I also want to just have the product that they ordered listed - I don't want the price etc. Can I do this
    As I understand it will not be possible to remove just the price of the products because this is controlled one variables.

Finally I want to change who the email goes from - can I do this. At the moment it goes from info@puddlepetcare.co.uk - which is the email listed in Business Settings/Company Info. Can I change the from without changing this setting
    The answer to that I’m afraid is no. The easy way to achieve this is by editing the information in Business Settings | Company/Contact as when the site is uploaded this information is formed within the *.fil files that Actinic generates, which cannot be edited.

Hope this helps
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

Is it possible to change the default title?

I want it to say "Order MC41EP10001770 : Dispatched" or "Order MC41EP10001770 : Shipped" rather than "Low Carb Goodies : Order MC41EP10001770 : Order shipped" which doesn't match the headings of the automatic order received e-mails (which don't have the company name in them).
      John

Comment

It is not possible to change the default email subject line I'm afraid. It is controlled by the executable.

Comment

can it be changed for the next version? it seems odd that it doesn't match the other actinic generated subjects.

Could you also do something to make the process faster? Maybe being able to select multiple orders then press an 'order dispatched' button? The ability to manually edit each e-mail if required (maybe by send the e-mails to the default e-mail client outbox where they can be edited?), and to change the subject line, and to have a blind copy (set to an e-mail address of my choice) would all be useful.

Order dispatched e-mails a very useful, but not very practical for medium-large volumes of orders the way it is now.
          John

Comment

Order dispatched e-mails a very useful, but not very practical for medium-large volumes of orders the way it is now

I am sure this is a legal requirement
            Owner of a broken heart

Comment

really? I do it anyway, but I'm not sure that all the stuff I buy gives me confirmations...?
              John

Comment

Thanks John

I have passed all this onto our development team.

Comment

Working...
                X