A page of thumbnails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A page of thumbnails

Can you help? i'm intending to re-design my website and want to format the section pages like so - the section pages i would like as a page of thumbnails with the product name and price, and then when you click on a product you would see the information, a larger pic and the add to cart button. i've mocked up what i mean here - http://www.pussyhomeboutique.co.uk/test/gifts.html - if you click on 'green mini blender' you'll see.
    is this possible with v6? if so, how?!
    thanks in advance.
    Nick Allen

Nick, i know it is possible with v8 (automatically) and we will have v9 not too far away now. Your best bit of advice is to move off your current version and upgrade if at all possible. You are using unsupported software which is about 4 years old now. Now using software this old is fine, but developing and redesigning it is madness, v8 offers you so much more. You are effectively building a new computer with Windows 98, time to update IMO, you will not look back.

You can do what you want but it will be a laborious manual task of creating sub sections and adding section text, whereas with v8 it could be a breeze and a joy to do. Sub sections within sections, with thumbnails defined as the section images on the subsections. When clicked they go through to the pages with just one product on each etc.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      with v8 it could be a breeze and a joy to do
      steady on, Lee! LOL
      Tracey

Comment

It's true! you stirrer! What he wants to do on sections is a breeze with v8, it's all laid out on a plate in the forum, you don't even have to think about any of it. If you can copy paste plus use the codepath addon, the whole site could be converted in 30 minutes.

Comment

fancy doing my upgrade to v8, stopwatch is ticking
          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Yeah no problems, hows about a deal? If i do it in 20 minutes or less you pay me double, if i do it in 31 minutes or more, you get it free?

Comment

thanks for that! i thought that was the case - the lots of sections thing - but hoped there was a better way. we've got something like 1500 products on our site, so doing it that way's a no-no for me. looks like it's time to either upgrade or 'ahem' look at !

Comment

If you took the second option, you'd only be back in a years time taking the first.

Comment

What you want to do is not possible in V6 - I have just finished upgrading a V6 site to achieve single product pages. It had over 1000 products and although its boring to do its not that hard.

See you when your sick of Zen

Comment

really? i'm a mac user, so it seems like a good idea, plus the fact that actinic charge the full whack for an upgrade annoys me... however the work involved in learning new software and transferring all that data would probably annoy me more.

Comment

however the work involved in learning new software and transferring all that data would probably annoy me more.
                      Not as much as the poor SERPs you will get with it

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                        Not as much as the poor SERPs you will get with it
                        oh really? interesting. i take it you've tried it then?

Comment

Ive tried them all

Comment

Working...
                          X