Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACT_SectionLineImage.html Template help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACT_SectionLineImage.html Template help!

On our website using the ACT_SectionLineImage.html template file.
    We have thumbnails for all our of products within each department, however no matter how many products are listed within each section the list shows that number of products without having a NEXT page after say for example the first 20 products, etc.

Is there a setting within Actinic somewhere, which I can amend this?

I see in the DESIGN - SECTIONS tab, there are some info relating to the sections, i have attached what my settings are at the moment.

thanks.
    Attached Files

Welcome back Gavin thought you'd died.
    There is not a standard feature to do what you want, it has to be done manually.
    Look in the AUG for 'next and previous' links.

Comment

HAHA. no still here m8
      Will take a look in the guide

our site will be live shortly, just waiting for secure hosting to sort out our account for us to go live. Am well chuffed with the site considering before i started on the site, i had never even heard of Actinic, let alone use the damn thing!! lol..

Comment

I took a look at the section, but its not quite what I want
        Bascially, when you view the site you see the different departments i.e. alarm clocks, tv, radio, phones, etc

These departments are all listed continuously and are never ending on the amount of departments i have setup.

Then if you click on say phones, it lists all the phones within that department, again its neverending the list just goes on when you scroll down the page..

What i am after is so that after it lists say for example 30 phones, there is a NEXT link, which will take you to the next 30 phones and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by GAViN™©
          What i am after is so that after it lists say for example 30 phones, there is a NEXT link, which will take you to the next 30 phones and so on.
          That's exactly what i gave you the solution for Gavin, if you have a section with 100 products, you add 10 subsections and put 10 products in each and then use next and previous links to move through them.

All manual as mentioned though nothing automatic.

Section
          Subsection1
          Subsection2
          Subsection3
          Subsection4
          etc.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            That's exactly what i gave you the solution for Gavin, if you have a section with 100 products, you add 10 subsections and put 10 products in each and then use next and previous links to move through them.

All manual as mentioned though nothing automatic.

Section
            Subsection1
            Subsection2
            Subsection3
            Subsection4
            etc.
            Ah right ok Lee, sorry i thought there may of been a setting within Actinic that allowed you to do that, as i seen the attribute NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
            in the sectionlineimage.html template and HOPED this would be the case!

Comment

Hi Gavin - long time no see - its about time you got this site finished - we have all been waiting for ages

Comment

yeah me too. the problem has been the exporting of the data from our database into actinic itself. But that has now been sorted and working well.

I would post a link, but I dare not as am sure my boss wouldnt be too happy if it appeared on google somehow! Am hoping it will be on live from next week for testing purposes with secure hosting to make sure the transaction side of things is working o.k as have never used them, except for when i ran a trial account with them.

Comment

You poor bugger Gavin, you started building with V7 and soon we will be on V9, thats dedication for you.

You can put the URL in your profile, Schmoogle is not allowed in there.

Comment

LOL at the time i started using V7 as it was the latest trial version out there.. But i heavily modified the template pages and when V8 came out, when I converted the site it was all to hell , so just stuck with V7 and it would of meant more downtime making changes to the site for V8...

maybe in the future once the site is up and running might upgrade to v8, but the company has just purchased v7 quite recently so will do for now...

Comment

Working...
                    X