Problems with new shipping zones created in V7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with new shipping zones created in V7

We are currently running V7 and we are trying to add multi zone selection for customers to use when processing an order. In the past our set up has been to have one shipping zone for the UK and UK Only, in this we were only using the standard charge option with price breaks to set what customers paid as a carriage charge, with free postage over £100.

We have now tried to set up additional zones which have been created in the same way, Zone Name, Standard Charge, Price Breaks, but when we upload the site these do not show or become an option in the checkout. I have tried a few links through here which suggested Advanced, Locations, selecting the UK and adding new state options with the UK country option, this didn’t work either. I Have also tried under the business setting zones, to right click properties, and cross select the new state that refers to each zone we have set up, hoping this was the problem but still this does not appear as an option in our checkout cart for customers to use/select.

Any suggestions on getting this to work? Or any setting I need to cross check?

Have you got your tax settings setup also to join with these, both need to be there to have it working?

Comment

screen dump

below is a curerent screen dumb of my business settings in the shipping section.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
        Have you got your tax settings setup also to join with these, both need to be there to have it working?
        our tax settings are just selected simple?

Comment

Tax and shipping go hand in hand. Which countries are you opening up to or is this just for within the UK?

Comment

at present we do not use actinic for any sort of accounts package, and for this reason we have always had our tax set on simple, IE not to show on invoices or to be added at point of checkout, the other reason we have taken this approach is all of our items include tax, otherwise we would have had to work out net prices on 3000-4000 products

Comment

Screen Dump of advanced loacations, as you can see under UK the states have been set up and as mentioned above cross linked back through shipping zones
              Attached Files

Comment

So you are charging tax but not declaring it or detailing it on invoices?

Comment

we do not show VAT/TAX only on actinic invoices, all orders sent got with a Sageline50 invoice which shows tax with our Vat number etc.

As a company we was running 3 years prior to using actinic for our online store, as we deal with both retail, and mail order, when we set up the online catalogue we went with the decision of using a dedicated accounts package (line50) to detial with our accounts. basically because the version we run works out everything from P&L to VAT returns

Comment

I recall recently reading about someone doing this in the forum, i am sure that the sub districts needed UK codes such as UK1, Uk2 etc and also that tax calcs need to switch to advanced mode and not simple. I could be wrong though, sure it was Chris Dicken (the mod) on about it and how to do it. It may even be in the wishlist forum. It should be ok for v7 too as checkout process hasn't changed.

Comment

sorry but you have gone way over may head here, any chance of explaining that a bit more indepth. cheers.

Comment

perhaps if you gave your url so we can see how the site works at the moment you may get more help.

Comment

www.mxbits.com

i was basically expecting that after i added the new zones/classes, somewhere in there would be a dropdown box... bot nothing?

Comment

So any Suggestions people?

Comment

and adding new state options with the UK country option,
                              this is the thread that Lee was referring too

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...light=shipping

Comment

Working...
                              X