No announcement yet.

Problems with new shipping zones created in V7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting find, when running a test order, ive noticed in my checkout under shipping it asks " please select shipping zone " but it doesnt give you the shipping zone selecting option, See screen dump.

Comment

screen dump below:
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
        this is the thread that Lee was referring too

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...light=shipping

Ive refered to this thread, and it mentions PSP's, we do not do this online as we function all payments manually. Our site is not connected to a PSP.

An interesting point in that thread is that lee stated:

"" If you are on simple tax and everyone is going to be charged 17.5% vat, forget codes and conforming, just create your own outside of everything, much simpler IMO.

Zones - England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Scottish Highlands etc and put your classes inside them.""

is lee suggesting create your own countries or own zones?

Comment

go back to the drawing board and undo all your changes, revert to the original actinic settings then move forwards.

The only person who can move this forwards at the mo is yourself as we do not know what changes you made to get it not to work. you need to get to a neutral platform to then apply the additions you require

Comment

ok this is fine, i can revert to default settings without much trouble, but can you then confirm the correct way to set this up.

Comment

on review of our checkout against a competitors, when you come to check our our competitors site shows " select shipping destination "... to which they have a drop down box. On our site on the same section it only shows " united kingdom " with no drop down box. Can anyone answer where these dropdowns are created from. I seem to remember when we created our store we only originally planned to ship to mainland uk, and im sure we had to remove some shipping destinations leaving UK as the only option. IM assuming this is why our site is not showing a drop down box with any other destinations, so i presume i need to re add these destinations back in?

Comment

Hi,

You will have to reinstate the tax zones by adding 'EU Tax Zone' and adding member countries to it, then click on the 'No Tax Levied' zone and uncheck the option that appears below "Do not allow none of the above as a zone member". Once that is done you can create new shipping zones for these areas and proceed.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

thanks bruce, ill have a look tonight and see what i can sort. once again thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                    Hi,

You will have to reinstate the tax zones by adding 'EU Tax Zone' and adding member countries to it, then click on the 'No Tax Levied' zone and uncheck the option that appears below "Do not allow none of the above as a zone member". Once that is done you can create new shipping zones for these areas and proceed.

Kind regards,

Bruce can you confirm that when i have done this will ir or will it not then add VAT to my invoices?

Comment

Working...
                    X