Template to do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template to do this

I have seen a site on the net that has a pretty similar layout to what I am looking to create but I am struggling to acheive the same. It looks pretty simple.

1. The site opens to the shop straight away.
    2. It has the section list on the left and it is repeated with thumbnails across the bottom
    3. The checkout, home, contract us links are at the top right
    4. There are some special offers on the main page

Can anyone offer any pointers to acheive this. I am assuming that the section lists have to be amended via html and not via an layout option.

Cheers

Andy

it would help if you posted the URL!

Comment

sure, here it is but I didn't want the site owner to think I was pilfering their ideas.

http://www.netjewellery.com

cheers

Andy

Comment

Ok, not giving to many secrets away.....these are my impressions of how this site was acheived

1. The site opens to the shop straight away.
        the index page is a catalog brochure page. There is a acatalog/indexpage generated but the navigation is custom so it manages to not link back to it.

2. It has the section list on the left and it is repeated with thumbnails across the bottom
        I would imagine this is hard coded. The italian Jewellery table is probably html placed into a brochure fragment. The navigation is placed into both the brochure primary and the primary templates

3. The checkout, home, contract us links are at the top right
        Again this is coded into brochure primary and primary templates

4. There are some special offers on the main page
        a brochure fragment

Comment

Working...
        X