Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site ready to do Live Testing with PSP - Best way to do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site ready to do Live Testing with PSP - Best way to do this?

Ok our account with our PSP Secure Hosting has been setup now, and will be live from Monday, website ready to do some live testing once i transfer the site onto our new domain.

We have been given 15 credits free (!) from Secure Hosting to do live testing with, so whats the best way to go about doing testing?

I could just delve straight in and make some orders, but is there a more logical approach to this?

Regards Actinic, under Business Settings -> Payment & Security, do I turn switch from TEST to LIVE system once everything is ready?

In fact is there anyone else here that uses Secure Hosting as their PSP?

Thanks,

Hi,

Can anyone who is using Secure Hosting give Gavin some live testing tips please.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

The way I always test is to go live and do an actual purchase with a real credit card. I then do a refund to check that that works correctly as well.

IMO its the only true way to test as its exactly what your customer will do.

Comment

Hi,
        I contacted Secure Hosting themselves and ask what the best method would be. They gave us 15 free credits to do live testing.

Set Actinic to Product Mode and Charge Instantly in the Design Business Settings and have started doing some live ordering using legit bank card details..

Am also doing orders that have correct card details BUT have incorrect addresses registered to the card (not delivery address). Glad we did as this went through and authorized.. So had to contact Secure Hosting about this, and explained to them, that what if someone tried to make an order on with a stolen card.. Surely this scenario is a basic authorization check ?

Anyway they are on sorting this out for us.

So it pays to do live testing!!

Comment

You are MAD if you dont as then you only find problems on real orders which can be too late.

Comment

I just wish others would also take this necessary step... rahter than wait until a live customer causes problems..

my mantra of the day?
            KISS, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
              my mantra of the day?
              KISS, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST
              what was that, Jo?

couldn't quite make it out
              Tracey

Comment

Working...
              X