ProductLine Tmeplate - I think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProductLine Tmeplate - I think?

I'm trying to increase the revenue from my site and have once again looked at becoming an affiliate to link to other sites which compliment my product range.

Instead of hard-coding the links into the primary templates / links page etc... I was wanting to include the link as a Product which can't be ordered through my site but when the customer clicks on it, it takes them direct to the retailer.

I've tried adding the code to the ProductLine template and saving it with a different name but I don't get the image I just get the coding - can anyone please help?

I'd also like your thoughts on the left menu - it's getting rather long! I was using Norcascade but it appeared to be slowing the site down so I removed it in the short term - any advice would be great (as always)

Thanks

Linda
    www.aloevera-and-you.com
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Can you post an example URL of the problem?

Comment

I think the main problem with your sections is that there is so many, it is hard to know which one to choose. If i see personal care, i think great that must be the one for me, but just below i see body skincare and then facial skincare - all sound the same to me or at least personal care and body skincare do, if its not for my body then what is it for? I could of course be talking like a typical man, but if i came onto your site for something i'd leave in a rush feeling overwhelmed.

You have a lot of aloe products, yet they are scattered all over the place, now that is fine if the way it has to be, but i would also like to see all aloe products in one place.

Because of how long the section list is, i think you should have quick navigation across the top to the top level sections (the bold ones) and have all of these on show when you hit a page, no scrolling in other words to see these top levels.

Merge body, facial and personal into one section IMO and help people find their way round. Your centre product area needs widening, a big waste of space currently and your logo looks blurry, get that changed.

I can see you have put a lot of effort into the content of the site, you need to focus on it's presentation now IMO. Your page titles are woeful also, they all start the same. If you are open to constructive criticism then i think you could do well and not need the affiliates anyway. Make it a joy to surf your site, not a chore and you won't go far wrong.

Comment

The Norcascade menu is older, look at the newer Norlist menu: http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/index.html
        Peblaco

Comment

Lee,

Thanks very much for your comments, having redeveloped the site I'm definitely open to some constructive criticism and I will begin working on the points that you suggested.

Louise,

I previously used NorCascade and I'm thinking of re-installing this to the site, my only concern when I used it last time was the length of time it took to download the menu before it even appeared on the page.

Is there anyway in which when customers enter the site the menu appears straightaway without them having to wait?

Thanks all - I'll keep you upto date on my progress.
          Best Regards
          www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'

Comment

Thanks Louise,

As I'm still running on version 7 do you know if NorList works on that aswell - or is it a question for Norman?

Thanks
            Best Regards

Comment

NorList is V8 only. It's also only useful on sites with up to (say) 200 Sections as the inline search engine friendly HTML it uses becomes too big on huge sites.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman.

As you know I was previously using Norcascade which worked well but I was struggling with the length of time it took to appear on my site and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to make the speed of the menu quicker and also appear on the site straight away?

thanks
                Best Regards

Comment

You have about 316 Sections on your Site. That's in the workable range for NorCascade (but near the useful limit). Without seeing the site in operation I can't comment on page load or menu generation times.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                  X