Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you show the weight for Products on Act_ProductLine.html Template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you show the weight for Products on Act_ProductLine.html Template?

Because we have our shipping prices based on the weight of the product(s)
    it may come as a nasty shock to some customers who when they get to the checkout they see a big P&P price - this will generally happen on accessories that we sell.

Anyway, is it possible to show the weight of the product on the template Act_ProductLine.html ? Using a NETQUOTEVAR variable ?

As we will have a table layout of the P&P Pricing structure in our delivery details section, and I think it would be practical to have the weight showing next to each product along with the price.

Thanks.

Deffo possible in v8, no idea in v7. Check to see if there is a Netquot-Blah-De-Blah for it and if you find it, try inserting into the layout.

I suspect not though.

Comment

gutted.
      i took a look in the AUG for any variables relating to weight. I also checked out the other Act_ProductLinexx.html template files to see if there was anything in the code there. Nothing!

Is there any other way I can get round this situation ?

Comment

Upgrade to v8 is the only way unless you set a new variable to hold the figure and then duplicate the weight field into that. That is completely inefficient though and you'd be better off upgrading as v7 will be unsupported in the not too distant future.

Come on Gav you know you wanna upgrade, you gotta get these sites built in quicker than 2 years otherwise you miss a version out.

Comment

LOL.
          I originally started modifying the template files in v7 when there was no v8
          and i installed the trial version of v8 and loaded the site in, and it was all over the place so there would of been the added time to sort it all out...

As its been aaaages since the creation of our site began I knew our MD would not of gone with the idea of it taking longer to sort out, he is not literate at all when it comes to web design and does not appreciate the work involved!

Maybe in the future yes to an upgrade ... but not just yet than I can guarantee!

One more thing.. (more of a *rant* really!) and wondered if you have ever experienced a similar situation...

From the start of deciding on which path to go regarding using an off the shelf package software such as Actinic or a bespoke e-commerce website that would be adaptable with our database stock control system I submitted two various options to go down with the creation of the new website...

1. Off the shelf package or 2. Bespoke System

I got some quotes from various web design companies with regards to a bespoke system, and all were roughly around the same price - thousands!

MD obviously wasnt prepared to pay that kind of money, so went for route 1.

Now the site has been designed, and pretty much ready to go as late as next week live, the Managers and MD when looking at our site, always compare the site I designed to Amazon, eBay, Play.com, etc all the BIG companies.. I hate that. At the end of the day i am one man, how many designers, programmers, etc do companies such as these have working and administrating their websites!!!

Do you ever get similar instances such as this?

In fact I am going to create a post about this, see if other people are in the same boat as me!

**rant over!! **

Comment

Originally posted by GAViN™©
            Do you ever get similar instances such as this?
            I don't experience that particular issue as i never hear from people again if they do not wish to pay my prices, but i have a similar problem occasionally where client wants to pay the price of a bog standard design, yet wants a host of extras and other non-standard things included which would usually make the price double they want to pay.

I guess it's like most things, get as much as you can for as little as you can pay.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
              Upgrade to v8 is the only way unless you set a new variable to hold the figure and then duplicate the weight field into that. That is completely inefficient though and you'd be better off upgrading as v7 will be unsupported in the not too distant future.

Come on Gav you know you wanna upgrade, you gotta get these sites built in quicker than 2 years otherwise you miss a version out.

As just to add salt into the wound- here's an example of it working in V8

surf-wax.co.uk/acatalog/astrojax-saturn.html

simple blockif code using product weight and postage price worked into the product layout

Comment

Couldnt see the weight being displayed on that link?

Anyway, in order to get round this issue.
                Am having a table of weights against P&P prices, and adding the weight of the product as one of the product features. The table can be accessed via link on the product features page on a pop-up window.

That way the customer can easily access the table of delivery charges
                and see the weight of the product at the same time.

Think thats the only way around it for the moment, until we eventually do upgrade to v8.

Comment

Couldnt see the weight being displayed on that link?
                  the weight isn't shown but the shipping cost is - below the product descriptionn

When shipped on its own, delivery cost (UK) for this item is: £1.75

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                    the weight isn't shown but the shipping cost is - below the product descriptionn

When shipped on its own, delivery cost (UK) for this item is: £1.75
                    Now, that is a nice feature to v8.

Comment

Working...
                    X