Permanent redirect of catalogbody.html

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permanent redirect of catalogbody.html

Can anyone tell me how to successfully create a permanent redirect away from our actual catalog body if a user surfs into it via the indexed text?

We are getting major visitors to this area of our site 2nd only to the home/index page.
    I want to redirect everyone
    here based on how we set the site up.

I tried a bit of javascript, but everytime I update the catalog it overwrites my code.

Any ideas?

Hi Christy

You need to create a copy of your standard Act_Primary.html file and call it something like Act_PrimaryFrontPage.html.

Then, within the <HEAD> section of this new file and locate the following line:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

Just underneath this, copy the following expression:

<script language="javascript1.1">
    function actBounce(){
    location.replace ('http://www.dutygearuniforms.com/%7Edutygear/shop.htm');
    }
    </script>

Next, locate the <BODY> tag further down in the template, and locate the attribute in the BODY tag that reads:
    onLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD"
    Change it to read:
    onLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD;actBounce()"

That should do the bounce.

Comment

Chris,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Two questions...

First I don't happen to have onLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD" anywhere in my Act_Primary file [I did a custom design]

and secondly, do you remove the original Act_Primary.html file from the site directory entirely after you have made a copy of it?

Thanks again for your help!

Christy

Comment

First I don't happen to have onLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD" anywhere in my Act_Primary file [I did a custom design]

And a fine design it is to Just add

onLoad="actBounce()"

into your overall layout template.

and secondly, do you remove the original Act_Primary.html file from the site directory entirely after you have made a copy of it?

No - your will still be using this for your other pages. I just recommeded creating a new overall layout template, containing the bounce script, which is just used by the front page of the store (catalogbody.html).

Comment

Working...
        X