Web Page missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Page missing?

I went into my website just to check on some information for a customer and found that one of the pages is missing! ....."The web server returned error code 404. Normally the page is http://www.guitartechnicalservices.c...log/index.html normally seen as News, Information & Products

I thought that by uploading Actinic again the problem might sort itself out but the Actinic Program says ............." Actinic is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. " I have looked via control panel and the route has not changed and I was working on it yesterday - the only changes being to add an item to sell, so it hasn’t changed in its structure or scripts.

I tried to use the Network Upload and it failed saying ....."The web server returned error code 404 - Requested URL not found. This means Actinic can not execute the CGI scripts on your web site. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to check the web setup."

The really weird thing is that I can get to this page that has an error 404 but via another menu on the website and then it display ok http://www.guitartechnicalservices.c...log/index.html

When I last uploaded, it was working fine. Any ideas on which direction to go in?

Any help appreciated

well, the reason why you're getting the 404 for that page is because the link to it (from http://www.guitartechnicalservices.co.uk/index.html ) is going through the cgi-bin which, as you're being told by all the errors, isn't working.
    you can get to it via other menus because it's using a direct link.

The page is there, it's the cgi-bin issue causing you the problem.
    Obviously this means your cart etc aren't working either (which I confirmed when I eventually got your items for sale page to load...verrrrrrrrrry slowly!

Have you tried a full website purge and refresh?

(not entirely sure where that is in V7...it's in the "help>troubleshooting" menu on V8)
    Tracey

Comment

Can you see the cgi-bin on your site if you connect via FTP to the server? Could well be your hosts have done something and upset the apple cart. If it is not there create another folder and set permissions to 755 and try the web refresh again.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi there everyone

In view of the last comments I did think that it might be the Host and I just got this reply back.

"Indeed the problem was on our end and the server admin has just got back to me on this issue. There was an error in the apache config file. The cgi-bin for guitartechnicalservices.co.uk was not pointing to the correct folder for some reason.
        This has been corrected and the site appears to be working now."

.............so it all seems ok and working now. I did have a note through yesterday to say they had increased disk space and bandwidth quotas. I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Thanks for the input - its nice to know you guys are there when things go wrong even if it wasn't any thing I did.

Comment

Glad it is now resolved.

Hosts tend to upgrade sites and packages, allegedly for your benefit and offer it "seamlessly" .... this is often the case for most users but with delicate paths etc used by Actinic they are readily broken, often without the hosts even knowing - so they will claim it is not them but you.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X