Actinic Link QuickBooks/Sage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Link QuickBooks/Sage

As you may or may not know, Actinic Link to QuickBooks is broken -- due to a QB import bug it cannot import sales receipts with the order number in place -- it assigns it’s own, which makes it all a bit pointless when it comes to matching up the payments..

QB are utterly intractable in this issue, and therefore we’re looking to move the company accounts over to Sage.

Are there any issues with Sage Link that I should be aware of before I get everyone else to switch over for me?
    Martin Cutbill

Amazingly using Actinic to sell Absinthe since V2

Just to qualify this a little, it is true that QuickBooks assigns its own order number - but then the Actinic order is imported into the 'Memo' field so you will have some record for matching up payments.

Comment

Agreed. However (I am informed) that's no good when you need to reconcile orders to payments within QB as the memo field isn't visiable when perfoming that function -- which is naturally one of the prime tasks to perfom within our accounts software!

I think it's also made hard by the fact that the names don't show up either due to another QB limitation -- but I'm not so sure about this as I don't do the accounts.

Quickbooks are pretty useless all round really. They've just refused to sell us the next year's payroll plugin -- apparently QB 2002 Pro is now 'unsupported' & if we wish to continue using QB for our payroll we're gonna have to upgrade the whole programme.

Oh yeah, then buy the payroll plugin.

I'm furious, so I think we're almost 100% definately going to become Sage customers now.
      Martin Cutbill

Amazingly using Actinic to sell Absinthe since V2

Comment

Working...
      X