Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Page Per Product & SEO results

Good afternoon all

I have just purchased the Codepath single product page generator - my thanks to Andy at Codepath.

My concern is that I was intending to make the change to one product per page this week but then got thinking about possible effects to our search engine placements. We get 1st page on google for many of our chosen key words and products.

I would welcome thoughts on whether making the change to single product pages is likely to affect this, especially in this Christmas period which is very important to us - however I am also aware that the general opinion appears to be that in the long term one product per page is better for SEO.

Would I be wise to hold off until after Christmas or do you not think I will see any noticible change over the Christmas period?

All input most appreciated.

Kind regards

Rob
    http://www.performancemotorcare.com
    Rob
    For all your car, motorcycle and marine care, cleaning and detailing products.

If Googlebase is a must for you, then you have no choice, there is no debate to be had. However, if you can either take or leave Googlebase, i would leave things as they are, especially through Christmas. If you have the SEO results you want, what exactly are you chasing? All hinges on whether you need to use Googlebase, don't just change to keep up with the times IMO. There is nothing modern about dropping out of the rankings that you worked so hard to get included into.

New sites should adopt the SPP approach undoubtedly (if sensible) IMO, existing sites with great results, leave well alone. OR be prepared to go considerably backwards, before you move forwards, Google gets it's knickers in a twist about big changes.

Comment

We get 1st page on google for many of our chosen key words and products.
      Then you are in a VERY difficult possition. Keeping rankings is always more difficult and risky than improving. A big change so close to Christmas could be a disaster - leave well alone until after the big event IMO

Comment

Working...
      X