Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you add Product Prices to ACT_SectionLineImage.html Template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you add Product Prices to ACT_SectionLineImage.html Template?

Ok, on my ACT_SectionLineImage.html template is it possible to show
    the price of the products?

I initially thought adding the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE tag into the template would do it, but apparently not.

As most websites have this feature, when you see a list of products the price is displayed as well.

Attached a screenshot of how this page currently looks, and would like to add the price to each product if possible?

Can this be done?

PLEASE dont say this feature is in v8 and not in v7!!!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by GAViN™©
    PLEASE dont say this feature is in v8 and not in v7!!!
    I wont, but you know the answer to that one already!

In V7 there is no easy way to do this.
    One manual method would be to create a customvar for each section that holds the product price value and displays it where you need it.

The downside is that this would have to be set up manually and any change to a product price would ahve to be amended in the relevant customvar for the section.

There is a way to make this process easier - That is by using some scripted macros which interrogate the Actinic database, scan through all the products and set the customvar for the parent section of that product to the product price. This macro could be run as regularly as required.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Clumsy way to do this is:

In your product template before NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE put:

<script type="text/javascript">
      <!--
      var pprice = 'NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE';
      //-->
      </script>

And in Act_ProductImage.html put

<script type="text/javascript">
      <!--
      document.write(pprice);
      //-->
      </script>

EDIT. Woops. No use to you though as you want this on the Section above the products page.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Just upgrade to V8 it would be easier in the long run

Comment

Gutted
          I seriously thought this would be something simple, or generic for every website.

But this is easily possible in v8?

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
            Just upgrade to V8 it would be easier in the long run
            The problem is i think the site will require a bit of manual work in order to get the site working in v8, and we need the site up and running ASAP.

MD is on hols, back into work tomorrow so will expect to see the site live at the end of the week, possibly before.

But it will be something that will probably need to look into once the site is up and running.

Whats the price to upgrade to v8 business from v7 business anyway?

Comment

But this is easily possible in v8?
              Its even better as you can create a layout with buy buttons so people dont have to click to the next page to buy

Comment

Whats the price to upgrade to v8 business from v7 business anyway
                Ring sales and see what they will offer you - if you are nice support will do your upgrade for you as well

Comment

Its even better as you can create a layout with buy buttons so people dont have to click to the next page to buy
                  Do you have a link to a decent designed site using v8?

I no how to do the upgrade to v8, its just the templates that i have modified dont seem to convert perfectly into v8.

Comment

Do you have a link to a decent designed site using v8
                    All mine are crap - checkout the V8 showcase thread

Comment

Malcolm is spot on. It is MUCH easier in V8.

I could look to put some example of the kind of VBS scripting that could do what I suggested in V7 with teh customvars, but to be honest, why over-stretch V7 and introduce more complexity when V8 does it for you?

Perhaps your reluctance to upgrade to V8 comes from not yet knowing just how easily your site might upgrade.
                      Have you tried to upgrade to via with a trial copy? You may be surprised.

Even if you have a LOT of customised work in V7, you might find that a lot of it is already part of V8 - just are you are finding out now with price on section pages.
                      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw
                        Malcolm is spot on. It is MUCH easier in V8.

I could look to put some example of the kind of VBS scripting that could do what I suggested in V7 with teh customvars, but to be honest, why over-stretch V7 and introduce more complexity when V8 does it for you?

Perhaps your reluctance to upgrade to V8 comes from not yet knowing just how easily your site might upgrade.
                        Have you tried to upgrade to via with a trial copy? You may be surprised.

Even if you have a LOT of customised work in V7, you might find that a lot of it is already part of V8 - just are you are finding out now with price on section pages.
                        That is true.
                        However my boss wants the site up and running this week, which is fair do's as its been going for a while now!! On and off.

So upgrading to v8 whilst might put tick boxes next to all these features in our "wishlist", it may require some work in order to get the site the way we want it. PLUS, and this is a major thing, we got a freelance programmer to add a feature to our stock system to create the export file which we can very easily import into actinic which completes all the information into actinic ready to upload. Not sure if all the fields, settings, etc will be the same in v8? if not, this will require additional work from the programmer which of course comes to an additional cost + the price of the upgrade to v8 + the time/etc for me to get the site working in v8.

There is a lot of decisions that need to be made in order to move forward to v8, and am sure that, for the meantime to get the site up and running, and create some revenue from the cost of actinic, etc will be his number one priority.

This is something that will be for the "coming future", next year so to speak, for the website, but for the time being.. I think the v7 will be fine for the moment.

Unless of course the MD thinks otherwise...............

Comment

Working...
                        X