Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping out at invoice address stage

Hello,

After months and months of getting this site built and optimized why are so many dropping out at the invoice address stage???

It is not possible to have the CC details taken online so i need the payment systems, ie paypal and nochex. (but there not even getting to this stage)

Could you please review and tell me if theres anything out of place or could be improved so that not so many drop out.

site www(dot)bosslighting(dot)co(dot)uk

Thanks

Kez
    Reverse Osmosis Water Filters

Your checkout seems normal.
    Is it perhaps due to chipping costs?

To put the dropouts in perspective, what percentage are dropping out at each stage vs completed orders?

(OT: Personally I'd wouldn't place Google Ads on a sales site - it's hard enough getting people on the site in the first place, you don't want to risk loosing them)

Comment

I agree with Duncan that's probably your shipping charges. Not that they're too high or anything, but because the only way to find out what they will be is to go to the first stage of checkout.

This does kind of suggest though that they might be on the high side if people aren't then going on and completing the order.

If the drop out at this stage is very high then I would look at:

1) Simplifying the shipping charges to make it easier for the customer to know what they will be. None of this "£x plus £n per item, approx and might vary up or down depending on the weight of the items"

This will stop people going to the checkout just to find out how much shipping will be.

2) Consider lowering your shipping charges or consider a fixed charge no matter how many items people order. You want to encourage people to order more and most couriers have a fixed charge whether it's 2Kg or 10Kg.

Try and turn around the shipping charges to encourage people to buy rather than turn them off. This should increase the percentage of people who carry on and complete the order.

Starting off where you are, I would make the changes for a month or two and see what the impact is. You can then make a decision whether to go back to what they were based on real information.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

At the price you are charging for some items I would expect FREE shipping £8 is a bit steep IMO.

Get rid of the adsence it makes the site look like a spammers, also the firefox image.

Get some better pictures of your products - if Im buying something for over £250 then I expect a full set of quality images to show me what Im getting.

In checkout get rid of all the navigation etc and just have what is needed - reduce the oportunities to leave the site.

Comment

Also look at dave's guide to google analytics

See it here

it tells you how to set up google analytics to monitor every page of your checkout so you can see exactly where punters are dropping out.

Also see this

Gives you some useful info on checkouts as well.

Cheers
          Ian
          Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Comment

If your shipping rates are to remain, they do need to be in front of the client before checkout, in the header, sidebar etc..

Is your market price sensitive?

You could look at reducing your P&P and increasing your product margin?

A few years ago, people would quite happily pay £3 (without question) or less not it is edging towards £5.00

Just a thought.
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks Guys, some usefull info there.

A couple of things then to help improve.

How do i get rid of the navigation within the checkout ?

Charges will be on value now instead of weight to keep the costs down.

like this;
              £0 to £35 : £2.95
              £35.01 to £125.00 : £5.95
              £125.01 to £350.00 : £8.95
              £350.00 + : £no charge

Also the prices will be slightly higher for rest of EU coutries, but how do i make it so they do not get free delivery over £350.00 ? but UK do
              Seems a bit more fair, but how do i implement this ?

and adsense is out the window, just thought i'd make a few extra pence on the side.

Comment

Also the prices will be slightly higher for rest of EU coutries, but how do i make it so they do not get free delivery over £350.00 ? but UK do
                Seems a bit more fair, but how do i implement this ?
                As you're using shipping by order value, don't use the 'free over' bit but just add another line to the UK shipping table with a charge of £0.00.

Mike

Comment

So set it up like this...

UK

Value | Cost
                  £35 : £2.95
                  £125.00 : £5.95
                  £349.99 : £8.95
                  £350.00 : £0.00

Rest of EU

Value | Cost
                  £35 : £5.95
                  £125.00 : £15.00
                  £350.00 : £20.95
                  £500.00 : £25.90
                  £1000.00 : £40.00

Free Shipping off

???????

will this work if someone in the UK spends more than say £1000,00 and if someone in the rest of the EU spends say £2000,00 ?

Comment

Originally posted by mythandmagic
                    will this work if someone in the UK spends more than say £1000,00 and if someone in the rest of the EU spends say £2000,00 ?
                    2 minutes to setup, 3 minutes to test, why take anyones word for it?
                    Pay attention to your excess charges and what to do in that case.

Comment

Well that didnt work.

when trying to buy something for the UK over £500.00

it says this;

Select Shipping Destination - Your order has exceeded the shipping tables defined by the supplier, therefore it is not possible to calculate the shipping cost. Please contact the supplier with this information as they will be happy to process your order and will then be able to correct the shipping tables.
                      Thank you.

Comment

That's because the shipping tables are for values up to the value specified.

i.e. So your £350 line says shipping is free from £349.99 up to £350. change the £349.99 to be £350, and your £350 to be £20,000.

Or, just remove the last line and set the excess value to be £0.00 (IIRC) as Lee's hinted at.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I had just worked it out myself

just need to know how to get rid of the navigation in checkout now

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
                            Or, just remove the last line and set the excess value to be £0.00 (IIRC) as Lee's hinted at.
                            Whooooooooooooooooooosh!

Comment

hehehe, bit like most things today

Comment

Working...
                              X