stock control accross 2 pc please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock control accross 2 pc please help

Hi, we use V7.07 and have it set up for maintenance on one pc and download orders on another pc.

We now wish to set up stock control, i know this is an offline system.

Can someone explain how this will work across the two pcs.
    I have actinic support and called them but the man on the phone didn't have a clue.

He told me to download orders as normal, when I update my stock, which I will do manualy sometimes, take a snapshot from download pc and import into maintenance pc then upload.

I asked him shurly this will overwrite all my design changes, he replied no.
    I am not so sure!

Any help many thanks
    Wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

me again, have spoken to sales who new more than support, stock control is not possible when the catalogue is spilt over two computers.

the solution

£740 upgrade to multi user or merge back to one computer which is not practical.

We upgrade from Catalogue to developer for about that price last year, plus we pay for support.

What a fundamental flaw, if we had been made aware that there was an issue with stock control when we upgraded last year, we might have upgraded to multi user then and saved ourself a double wammy.

Seriously peeved with Actinic and lack of support and its pricey upgrades.
    Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Why not upgrade to v8 designer and client?

You can then control the level of design access on the second machine and they can still download, upload and not affect your design?

I know it is still a big spend but it will pay for itself over the year in eased workflow IMHO.
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

ok, lots of money, maybe use quickbooks for stock control and cut actinic from the stock control loop.
        If this is viable, and does link work with quickbooks 2008
        Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Originally posted by wesleythorne
          ok, lots of money, maybe use quickbooks for stock control and cut actinic from the stock control loop.
          I think it does Wesley, but cannot be 100% as I only use Sage.

Comment

Not in comparison to Mult user mate.

You talking a total spend of around £600 + VAT

Comment

hi, just spoke to actinic but quickbooks 2008 does not yet work with link, so thats a no go.
              I asked if they had multi user demo but they dont.

Seems i am stuck banging head on wall.

No quickbooks 2008 support. We dont want to upgrade to multi user just for stock control.

Other option is to but quickbooks 2007 but when 2008 is out that seems crazy.

Wes
              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

seriously Wes, designer/client is the way to go IMHO

How much has your v7 site been modded?

(I know, I have clients on 2008 Sage with the same issue)

Comment

HI, we use v7.06 developer, designer client is v8 so we would have to upgrade, that is not an option just yet especially if v9 is anywhere near.

I feel I have been miss sold from catalogue to developer when i should of had catalogue to multi-user.

What is the cost of designer and client, is there a v7 equivalen
                  wes
                  Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

What is the cost of designer and client, is there a v7 equivalen
                    wes
                    £350 + VAT and £250ish + VAT and No. You could bang for a discount, you got cover? (although I am pretty sure they do not go for discount on those two lines)

Comment

Actually you can do this on two computers if you are using business, what you need to do is create an external database - use access not excel if you value your time - put a table in there for the product reference and the stock levels and then link it to the databases on both computers - you will need to have a drive that is accessible to both computers to do this. Then both computers will be updated when you download orders or modify stock levels.

Regards,
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                        Actually you can do this on two computers if you are using business, what you need to do is create an external database - use access not excel if you value your time - put a table in there for the product reference and the stock levels and then link it to the databases on both computers - you will need to have a drive that is accessible to both computers to do this. Then both computers will be updated when you download orders or modify stock levels.

Regards,
                        Never thought of that, but then again, rarely use ext db's

Great idea Jan.

Comment

Working...
                        X