Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of productline in the middle of section

Hello all,

I am doing some minor amendments to a site we created some time ago. I need to add new products into a section, which is the easy part. However, the section seems to only allow 2 products before it goes strange.

The page in question is HERE. As you can see after the second product the templates alter even though they are the same. It is still putting products in so it recognises the new ones (I have added the two printer "with cutters"). It doesn't matter what order the products are placed in Actinic it does the same. The only thing I can see below the second product in the source code is
    Code:
    <!-- Insert HTML for the bottom of the individual product -->

<!-- ProductLine HTML end -->
    but as this isn't inserting any HTML I can't see how it would effect the code.

If anyone has any ideas or can shed some light on this situation I would be very appreciative.

If you need any more info please just ask.

Thanks in advance
    James

Hello James

Just wanted to know how exactly are you trying to add those products under your section, because it should allow you to have more than 2 products.

Richard
    Actinic Software

Comment

Hi Richard thanks for the reply.

I'm adding them like the others, right-click and 'add product' in the section I want them to go.

It does let me add other products, it is just that the HTML that is created seems to go a bit off (missing the background). Other pages on the site have more than two products and they work fine. I can only assume it has something to do with my coding somewhere as opposed to an Actinic error, but I might be wrong.

The full site can be found here where if you go to one of the cabling buttons on the home page and navigate through to an ordering page there are long lists of items to be purchased. However, on this page it starts to go strange. Is there an option I have selected along the way that might cause this within Actinic?

The first and third item for sale on this page use the parent template (eg. ActPrimary_right.html) and the second and forth item use a custom template based on the above simply with the product image NETQUOTEVAR removed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
      James

Comment

James,

I would suggest taking this up with support as we will have to take a look at the setup to see what is causing it not to work. You can raise a ticket at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Kind regards,
        Marcello Fenwick
        Actinic Software
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi James,

I have come across this before.....i believe it is to do with the html in the product line template.

Usually if the product template is in this format:

<table><tr><td>stuff</td></tr></table>

instead of

<td> <table><tr><td>stuff</td></tr></table> </td>

it causes problems, i think if you dont contain it within another table cell it breaks up the rest of the code.....try having a look at your product line template.

Comment

Hello

It worked!

I put the <td> tags on the modified productlineRight template for the two new products and it fell into place. How odd....

Thanks for all the help
            James

Comment

Working...
            X