Sorting products alphabetically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorting products alphabetically

I have many products.sections that I would like sorted alphabetically, is there any way this can be done? (Preferably with having to cut and paste everything one at a time)

Also, I have a disk with all the pictures on it, however they are all very large file sizes, is there any way of resizing them all, again without having to do it one at a time. Perhaps someone knows of a piece of software that will do this?

For batch resizing of files have a look at www.irfanview.com I haven't tried it but it is supposed to be quite good. You could also use Macromedia Fireworks.

As for sorting this is something I would also like to see, the ability to sort sections alphabetically or by product price.

Peter
    Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Comment

Thanks Peter, thats just the ticket, I have downloaded a copy and it works fine. Must confess I wasn't really expecting an answer to the image question, I just put it up on the off chance.

Lets hope Actinic create in a sort patch.

Comment

To reorder items in Actinic you have to drag and drop them in the parent section. However the order is determined by a field called 'Product Sequence' in the product table so you could write a program (in something like VB or C++) to reorder the items in alphabetical order quite easily.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan, good idea. Would you know which file I am looking for and where it may be located?

Comment

Originally posted by Lordlister
            Thanks Jan, good idea. Would you know which file I am looking for and where it may be located?
            The database is called ActinicCatalog.mdb and it is an access database, you will find it in your site directory, the table is called products. Take a backup before you do anything just in case.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X