Checking for 500 errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking for 500 errors

Every now and again I find I am getting 500 errors following an update to our site (www.seriouslysilver.co.uk) It doesn't hapen every time and I can't tie it in with a particular update.

I know it is a bit off topic but does anyone know of a service or perl script or something that can monitor the server log files and email me if a 500 error occurs?

Many thanks for ant ideas,
    Andy
    Last edited by AndyBorrett; 24-Nov-2007, 06:44 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Unusual Silver Jewellery
    Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
    Crystal Healing Jewellery
    Steampunk Jewellery

not aware of any 3rd party script checker for this purpose but you could always upload and run the network wizard to check each time.

A pain I know, but it may highlight any issues sooner rather than later with regards your cgi bin?

HTH
    Regards
    Daren
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

More Info

The main computer we use for Actinic Catalogue is upstairs where we do all the order taking and updates to the catalog. We also have a laptop with Actinic running that we use to try design changes. I have transfered a snapshot to this machine then changed the network settings so changes are uploaded to a local web server as described in the advanced user guide.

Is it possible that when I upload from the laptop something is getting sent to the live site?
      Unusual Silver Jewellery
      Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
      Crystal Healing Jewellery
      Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
      X