Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pc didnt back up actinic site

Hey wonder if anyone can help me out here

Last week I rebuilt my computer and put a new os on there and had totally forgot to back up an actinic site ..

I have the old installation still on my computer but obvioulsy can not use it due to there being no information in the registry ..

I have an old back up from about 3 months ago .. and if the worst comes to the worst can use that however this would mean manually upgrading all the items in the product list ..

Is there any other way to recover this - by maybe using the db file which is storing the information

Wondering if i install new copy of actinic .. put my site in using the old back up .. then replacing the db would this work ? ..

Or is there another way or am i infact totally screwed ? ..

Lesson i learnt - don't build your new puter when you are ill and simply not thinking properly .. and when actinic asks you to back up .. DO IT !!
    s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

I have the old installation still on my computer but obvioulsy can not use it due to there being no information in the registry ..
    Assuming you mean you have site1 on the old pc, you can copy it to the new PC and replace site1 there

or copy site1 somewhere safe on old PC then reinstall actinic on old PC, copy your saved site1 into the new site1 folder and then take a snapshot to import into new PC

before you do anything take a copy of Site1 on old PC

Comment

By saying "an actinic site", I assume you're using a Multi-Site license or have several licenses. We'll assume the site in question is called "MyLostSite".

All you need to do is rename the orphan site folder from "MyLostSite" to TEMPMylostSite.

Then in Actinic license a new site "MyLostSite" usng the license keys required.

Now switch to that new site and restore from an old Snaphot (this will fix any registry entries like the encryprion key).

Finally delete the entire contents of MyLostSite and copy the contents of TEMPMyLostSite in.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X