custom sections with Javascript menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom sections with Javascript menu

I have used the javascript method to generate a list of sections and subsections for my website.

However i need to add some icons to a number of subsections

Example: for new sections i want an icon saying new next to the title.....i tried adding a style to the javascript that displays the subsection and adding a customvar property to the section i wanted but that just shows the icon in all sections and only when im inside the relevent section.

any ideas?

thx

In v8 you could achieve this in under a minute using the Block if feature.

Thinking out loud - how about attacking it in reverse - add it to all the sections by default and take it out from the ones that you don't via the CMV?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jont,

Im using v7, the thing is the javascript is split in 2....1 for parent and one for child section....i already have a class applied to the parent and child which is constant acrosss all sections, so for the icon i am applying an id style which is a customvar.....i can apply the customvar in design settings...which gives me my icon on all child sections because its specified across the site....but when you apply it to a child section property it doesnt show on the brochure page because the cart belongs to the primary pages.....i think this is because the javascript takes the section names from the sectiontree js file...rather than the actual actinic sections so it therefore deosnt include the properties of the section which is where the style is set......hope that made sense lol

ANYWAY.....IM RAMBLING BUT.....i have done something like this before but i used NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP.....then i have access to a template which controls the sections....i used this to give each section a unique colour.....what tag would generate a list or parent and subsections which are editable through templates?

cheers

Comment

Working...
      X